Adak or T&K bino harness

Was considering purchasing 1 of these 2 bino harnesses curious if one is better or just different than the other?

twall13

WKR
I've never used either of the two you are asking about but I did just buy an Adak from a member on here (hasn't arrived yet) to compare to my AGC harness. Of the two you posted I'd personally go with the Adak just because I don't want magnets on my harness but a lot of guys like that type of system so it's somewhat personal preference. If I was going to get one with a magnet it would probably be the outdoor visions harness.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

co_archer

Lil-Rokslider
I hate to be that guy who doesn't really answer your question but instead gives a different option, but I can't say enough good about the Alaskan Guide Harnesses. Great customer service as well which is extremely important to me. I know Snyder loves the Adak but I haven't used one myself. Looks nice thought.

Disclaimer: I don't run either of these, this is just what jumps out at me having researched both some. This list is not exhaustive and possibly not 100% accurate, so take it with a grain of salt.

T&K
Pros:
  • America as **** (Berry compliant, vet made/owned, etc)
  • Modular - buy only the parts you want
  • Camo patterns offered (multicam and a few different A-TACS options)
  • Ranger/coyote matches Kifaru stuff well if you run their packs
Cons:
  • Expensive - just the bino harness costs what the whole ADAK system, so if you need range finder pouch etc...
  • Magnetic closer if you're not into that
  • Flap opens toward wearer, not away
ADAK
Pros
  • Most likely quieter
  • Lighter weight
  • Flap opens away from wearer
  • No magnetic closure
  • Easy to put away binos one handed
  • Modular - not in the buy-only-what-you-want sense, but in the sense that you don't have to run the pouch if you don't want and you can move it to either side
  • Can be had on camofire for $100 (either wait for it to pop up or just call them)
Cons:
  • Not Berry Compliant
  • Possibly less durable (the T&K uses real cordura, ADAK uses a proprietary fabric designed for quiet, so I'm just speculating on relative durability and both are probably damn good in that dept)

Was making the same decision. I bought the T&K and so far am very happy with it. I don’t think there is a better built bino harness out there to be honest. It is a bit pricy BUT I think worth it......also here is a tip. There s a pouch on the back of it that faces your chest, my Leica rangefinder fits in it perfectly and keeps it nicely tucked away......

Last edited:

2AMedic

FNG
Like the other guy said, hate to mention a different brand but the FHF harnesses are pretty slick.

CB4

WKR
I switched from the AGC classic to the Adak and could not be happier. It is 100x better in overall comfort, quietness and overall ease of use. Have not used the T&K but they do make a sweet looking product. Im running 12x50 mavens and they fit just fine in the Adak.

OP
M
Was making the same decision. I bought the T&K and so far am very happy with it. I don’t think there is a better built bino harness out there to be honest. It is a bit pricy BUT I think worth it......also here is a tip. There s a pouch on the back of it that faces your chest, my Leica rangefinder fits in it perfectly and keeps it nicely tucked away......