Add another obsession to the list

Okay so my hobby/obsessions tend to ebb and flow throughout the year it’s turkey hunting and chasing bass in the spring, summer is a bit of a catch all between dozing/fishing/elk prep, fall is chasing big trout and deer hunting, winter usually splits between stretching our guns out on steel and kinda starting to fish a bit. Well like anyone else I don’t have enough time as it is but I have a feeling that’s about to be a whole lot worse cause I’m making the jump into reloading. My cousin (actually my dads age) has reloaded for us since I can remember but I have gotten to the point to where I want to really start evolving my game past a couple hundred shots a year so to get the most out of the adventure and to really learn what it takes to be accurate at extended range I figure I better start at the beginning. So here we go another hobby to geek out about and continue to expand the hunting room. Got the bench started this morning and gonna start putting some gear lists together! Thanks in advance for any help to all the questions I’ll soon be asking!

Attachments

• 4EF59201-670E-4D16-ADB9-96CEE3E68593.jpeg
    4EF59201-670E-4D16-ADB9-96CEE3E68593.jpeg
    344 KB · Views: 24

woods89

WKR
First thing I would look for right now is primers and powder that you anticipate using.

If you can't get components you may not want to tie up a bunch of money in equipment. Now is kind of a tough time to be getting started.

That said, I certainly think it's a great hobby.

rayporter

WKR
gear may start getting cheap!!

components??-the sky will be the limit--if biden wins....we will be in for five years minimum of hard to get supplies.

OP
MBAO-millennialbyageonly
@woods89 Yeah I’m looking at this as a long term investment kinda too critical to be a fly by the night reloader so as I’ve been hearing small rifle/pistol primers are scarce by the time I am comfortable making my first bullet I think it will be on the upside. We see these ammo/component runs every 4 years it seems and with COVID compounding this situation it’s not easy for shooters.

@rayporter If Biden gets in there we’ll have bigger problems than primers I’d say! Lol