Add on rifle slings

Buddro

FNG
While I'm in the mood to ask for opinions what are your favorite add on rifle slings?

I currently use a badlands 2200 for hunts when I don't feel the need to haul heavy weight and I am totally comfortable carrying my rifle on the back of it when I'm moving camp. But I have bought a barneys freighter frame for those heavy hunts and need to set up a secure way to pack my rifle when necessary. There are plenty of options out there what have you guys found for pluses and minuses? I'm thinking one of the under arm quick access slings like the kifaru gun bearer looks interesting. Do any of you use these for long hauls, do they get uncomfortable?

I think the kifaru gun bearer is kick ass! Best 30 bucks I ever spent. I think it’s the most under appreciated pieces of hunting gear. I’ll never understand how every rifle hunter doesn’t have one. I think they would if they knew how awesome they were!

303TrophyHusband

Lil-Rokslider
I've been really happy with the Kifaru gunbearer, to answer your question, No it doesn't get uncomfortable if you have it installed correctly, honestly really easy to get used to. I actually used it in conjunction with the Western Binds rifle cover that Sthealthy Hunter sells on his website and was able to carry it in several different configurations and keep the scope from getting beat up when it was lashed to the side or back of the pack. Worth a look.

Best setup I've seen on a Barney's frame was a tool hook installed 2/3 the way up the frame. Just hook your sling on and it stays put. Grab, lift and go when you need it. Probably costs under $2