Adding a berger hole?

Jdoc

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone ever add their own berger hole to a wood bow? I am toying with the idea so i can shoot a spring style elevated rest and get closer to the bows center shot. Thoughts or comments are helpful and of course if you know someone that has done it, looking for pros and cons. Im shooting a black widow.

bobinmi

WKR
Ive done it. Used a drill press and epoxied in the bushing. I'm sure that it voided my warranty when I did it but It's held up fine for 2 years now.

It will definitely depend on your riser material and calling BW is probably a good idea. Phenolic is probably the best for that but actionwood is pretty tough too. Are you having tuning issues ? Maybe experimenting with some shafts, point weight and fletching will get you through that. Are you shooting off the shelf now because your tiller is going to be affected with an elevated rest.

Kentucky

WKR
Your tiller will be effected as stated above but also it takes a certain amount past center to make up from installing a rest in the first place.. the toughest thing you could put on may be a nap flipper 2?

If your looking to get closer to center then strip off what’re plate your using and go smaller.. if your wanting to get off the shelf... that’s different