Adding a new pair of pants

mcmurder77

Lil-Rokslider
I am looking to add a new pair of pants to my line up.
My current offerings are;

FL Corrugate guide pants, (durable, a little noisy, and hot)
FL merino pant, I believe the kanab(quiet, heavy, dont dry quickly)
Then a lightweight 4 way stretch pair from campfire/black ovis. (Fairly quiet, lightweight, dry super fast, not real great at wind blocking)

I am going to be doing some more layer season hunts this year early october/mid november as well as September archery elk. And I am looking hard at Sitka at some pants. I am debating between the Apex and Timberline.
I kind of have a love/hate relationship with the kanabs, the fit on them isn't great, but they are quiet. They get heavy when wet(I hunt western oregon, its almost always wet). The corrugate guide pants are good, just kinda hot in the summer and not super quiet.
I'm hoping some of these sitka pants will bridge the gap and be what my kanabs are not.
I also have raingear all squared away and akmw solid under layers for when it starts getting extra cold.
All my hunting is spot and stalk.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

The kebabs have been replaced by the obsidian. There’s also a corregate “lite” pant out now. I’ve been running some lighter Patagonia/mountain hardware pants for scouting so far this year.

My corregate pants are awesome late season/winter pants, I need regular obsidians instead of MT so they fit me better.

Pants are freaking expensive, and take the most abuse.

406unltd

WKR
I run the Sitka mountain pant for early archery and timberline for late rifle season. They are awesome and have performed great. Before these I used the old style Kryptek Alaios pant and those up to this point have been my favorite pants, I loved them. With that said I have high expectations for for my Sitka pants because they seem to be on par with my old trusty’s.

OP
M

mcmurder77

Lil-Rokslider
I run the Sitka mountain pant for early archery and timberline for late rifle season. They are awesome and have performed great. Before these I used the old style Kryptek Alaios pant and those up to this point have been my favorite pants, I loved them. With that said I have high expectations for for my Sitka pants because they seem to be on par with my old trusty’s.
Do you think adding the timberline or mountain pant to my lineup would serve best?

406unltd

WKR
Do you think adding the timberline or mountain pant to my lineup would serve best?

You seem to have the light and or mid weight covered so I’d suggest the timberline. They are slightly thicker (Warmer) than mountain pant and even more durable. You won’t find many people that don’t like those pants.

Oohmatron

FNG
Timberlines. Knee pad option is great (and works, once broken in) and they dry really quickly. I don't notice them when out which is the real hallmark of good clothing.

Shanny

FNG
I use Sitka Mountain pants for turkey hunting in the spring and used them this fall for sitting in a blind deer hunting. Very well made and they move with you.

NoRush24

Lil-Rokslider
+1 for Sitka mountain pant. Got mine this year and been using them from archery elk to late season deer rut.