Adding a "pin" to single pin sight?

I know that some people add a fiber optic to there sites but I am looking for the easier way for now. Is there bright paint or something that you use to make a 2nd and 3rd "pin" location on a single pin sight?

I currently have a HHA Tetra. I thought about adding replacing the scope housing with a spot hogg double pin. I think that would be awesome. That is the concept I am going for. I don't know if that scope will work or not with the HHA mount.

Any suggestions ?

Jason_307

FNG
I've got the same sight and I've thought about a small dot of hi viz model paint on the post below the fiber.

Jason_307

FNG
I used a silver sharpie to mark the spot I was talking about earlier just to see how it would work. The silver isn't bright enough to leave as is but it worked well enough for testing. With the sight set at 20 the silver spot is on at 32 and with the sight set at 35 it's on at 44. I've been shooting alot between 20-40 with the sight set at 35 to get my holds figured out and with that second "pin" that makes me good to 45 without have to dial the sight.

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
You can use a Dremel tool to make an indent and then paint it in or use a file and file a flat horizontal line in the post and paint that in. Once it is painted, just lightly wipe off the excess with thinner and the indent or scribe line will be left behind filled with paint.

Ercas

FNG
You can use a Dremel tool to make an indent and then paint it in or use a file and file a flat horizontal line in the post and paint that in. Once it is painted, just lightly wipe off the excess with thinner and the indent or scribe line will be left behind filled with paint.
That's pretty good, will have to try that out.

Crawfish

FNG
Piece of tape to sight it in, then a white sharpie or colorful fingernail polish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cardiac5

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve tried the spot hogg fast Eddie and went back to HHA. I preferred the single pin more. It could be nice out west if it’s a big enough difference in yardage though but not in tree stands for me

Benny40

FNG
Glow in the dark paint, you can use the neon glow in the dark paint that used for gun sights. Can take a punch or nail set and place the dent then fill in. Works pretty well and hunted it for years but eventually I just switched back to 5 pin slider. This is the paint I’ve used

Ultra Green V10 Glow in the Dark Paint 1/2 Fluid Ounce https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BD63C8W/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_XTIgDbTFYWPJZ