Adding pocket to bino harness

Elkfever

Lil-Rokslider
I have an older FHF harness that i would like to add a pocket to the rear of the harness to store my cell phone. Has anyone done this before or have any suggestions on how to do this? My mother in law is pretty handy with a sewing machine so I’m hoping I could figure out what type of material to use and make this happen. I didn’t find anything in the forum after doing a search. Thanks.

ofrogg

FNG
I don't have the FHF, but I do have Kuiu and Vortex packs. I think it would be best to simply hand sew a pocket on...

JRMiller

WKR
They make cell phone pockets that can simply loop onto the strap no sewing required i your ok with a more generic route.
On Amazon for around $15

OP
E

Elkfever

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the replies. I don’t mind hand seeing something on, in fact, that was the route I figured I would go after finding some mesh material, ect.

JRMiller, if you have a link to what you’re talking about, would you mind posting it? I’ll keep looking on Amazon.

Cliffy65

Lil-Rokslider
Do be afraid to sew stuff on to suit you better. I’ve made a heap of alterations to my Badlands mag bino harness to suit me better. If it doesn’t perform as originally intended, unpick the stitching and go again.
I sewed on some webbing on the side of the harness at the top to attach the rangefinder mount, sewed on a cloth cap to stop debris building up in the eyepiece and sewed an elastic loop through the standard webbing because the RF flapped around too much.
I cut the right lower attachment point off and extended it to get the windicator in closer to the bag and further from my arm (no more bumping it off the holder).
The shoulder straps were too long for me when hunting in hot weather and the harness would sit too low and away from my chest at the top. I originally didn’t want to cut the straps because they wouldn’t fit when rugged up, so I raised the contact point but it still sat off my chest. Only a couple weeks ago I decided to get a second harness (the approach camo one) after I couldn’t find the straps to buy separately. I cut the shoulder straps to the length I want for hot weather hunts and different buckles meant I had to replicated all alterations I had on the other harness, except RF is now mounted on my right side of both harnesses (shoot right hand bow but left eye dominant).
I may have gone off track a bit, but I’ll attach photos of what I’ve done, it may give you or someone else ideas.
6D2C8607-A12D-484E-A09A-39C19656112B.jpegB888CD6A-7A19-4974-BCDA-CBC7911853A5.jpeg042D5F8A-283F-44BF-A3EB-46AD9E12C12D.jpeg59ADA2C1-D956-4050-ADC9-13CB7B22CB49.jpeg

I have an older FHF harness that i would like to add a pocket to the rear of the harness to store my cell phone. Has anyone done this before or have any suggestions on how to do this? My mother in law is pretty handy with a sewing machine so I’m hoping I could figure out what type of material to use and make this happen. I didn’t find anything in the forum after doing a search. Thanks.
What kind of cloth did you end up going with?