Adding volume to insoles

TheCougar

WKR
I need to remove a little extra room in my toe box of my Nevadas. I’ve got super feet greens and I don’t want to change the insole. I’ve tried adding some super thin insoles under the Superfeet, and it’s too much. I just need to add a couple of mils of thickness. Maybe athletic tape on the bottom of the insole? Any ideas or methods that people have tried?

Brewski

Lil-Rokslider
Try gorilla tape. It has worked for me to fine tune my insoles and hold up for a season.

Wapiti1

WKR
Thin EVA foam sheet you can get at the craft store. Comes in thickness from 2mm up and you can get a color to match your toenails if you so choose.

Jeremy

A tip I once got is to consider filling volume on top of the foot if you can't get the insole shimmed how you want it. I used a cheap mouse pad as material in an old pair of hiking boots like this and although it's kind of a pain to put on and get them situated sometimes, it felt pretty good and did what I wanted without dramatically changing the fit.

OP
TheCougar

TheCougar

WKR
Closing out this thread. Superfeet orange went into the boots and they seem to have helped. Plus the craft store foam and some adhesive felt is in the queue as well - great ideas and super cheap solutions.