Adhesive advice

PhatSki

WKR
I am installing easton titanium halfouts into axis 4mm arrows. I have done 6 arrows using the G5 G-lock Blu-Glu but really dislike the quick set. I feel like I would like more time to spin the arrow before the glue sets. I am considering using either the 2 part epoxy made by Firenock (i have some) or the Bohning Ferr-L-Tite hot melt.
Any thoughts?
Am I playing with "fire" by attempting to heat the carbon if I want to reset the halfout after placing it with hot melt?

DiabeticKripple

Lil-Rokslider
I use hot melt and have no issues remelting it to spin. I put a field point in and heat with a butane torch until the glue melts. I go slow and take my time so as no to heat the shaft up excessively.

once I decide on point weight, I will switch to a 24hr epoxy to ensure a good, strong bond as I have had some of the hot melt points pull out on an errant shot into the wood frame of my target.

If you use hot melt, go with Bohning's low temp version (blue colored Cool Flex, not the amber colored Ferr-L-Tite) and don't apply heat directly to the carbon. If you need to adjust or remove a halfout after installing it, screw in a field point, apply flame to the field point, and let the heat travel back to the halfout until the glue softens...less risk of damaging the carbon shaft doing it that way rather than directly heating the halfout. I've heard that immersing the end of the arrow in boiling water will also work, but I haven't personally tried that method. Every carbon arrow manufacturer warns against hot melt, but if you're careful it can be used safely. I've assembled dozens of carbon arrows using hot melt with no issues.

Trial153

WKR
Use a two part epoxy, gorilla or loc tite or aae…. You will have time to set them and they will be in for good

H80Hunter

WKR
I boil water and then stick the point in for 10-15 seconds and it pulls out easily. Zero issues.

OP
P

PhatSki

WKR
if I use the HIT epoxy or some other slow set epoxy should I lay the arrows flat or stand them up? I know with normal HIT inserts they need to lay flat so that the insert does not migrate down the shaft, wheras with outserts you are supposed to stand the arrow up.

H80Hunter

WKR
I’ve used hot melt and had no issues removing them that way. Also haven’t had any mushrooming as shown in that video.