Adjust spine, tophats, or leave alone?

OP
rileybassman
Thanks again everyone... Sorry for the false alarm... I guess you all just gave me the courage to test more thoroughly with a bareshaft lol. I'll ignore paper from this point forward.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Zac
Good shooting. I usually go bare shaft through paper then bare shafts and fletch at 10, then 20 and tweak til they are close. I am happy once I get a group like you got at 20. I'm not the best shot so worse than that and it's definitely not the bow.

ShakeDown

WKR
Ok - I can try that... Question, would going from 125 to 100 grain tips accomplish a similar result? I am gonna try and check this later today if I get some time.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Sorry, long day. Looks like you are pretty well sorted. Bareshafting at 60 is insanity.

Generally as mentioned I will paper tune a bare shaft at 7’ and 15yds. Walk back tune. Verify broadhead flight.

And to answer, yes additional front weight will also soften up your arrow.

4rcgoat

WKR
Ok... so maybe I'm grasping at straws and need to quit shooting paper/work on form...

Just ran oustide and shot Broadhead, bareshaft, and field point at 20,30,40, and 60 (idk why but I skipped 50 lol).

I think the 40 yard bareshaft must have been me...

One bareshaft ( I thin the 20 or 30) looked like it was going to plane for a sec, but it landed ok... I focused hard on form the further out I got and all 3 seemed to fly ok.

So... with these groups... should I pursue tuning anymore... or shutup and shoot?

20 yards
RbicxZRh.jpg

30 yards
ft3yNWeh.jpg

40 yards
wGzjhILh.jpg

60 yards
z492C0fh.jpg
I wouldn't do a thing to it.