Adjustable Sight for Wife (Black Gold)

treillw

WKR
Want to get a Black Gold sight for my wife. (Probably don't want to look at any others - partial to them since they are made in MT).

Had a guy say that she can get by without the third axis adjustment because of her poundage and draw (~45, ~25"); "the string angle, bow geometry, and her effective range don't necessitate a perfect third axis. Most bows are machined pretty darn close nowdays anyway."

He suggested the whitetail model. Would you go this route, or just go with a full blown sight like the mountain lite?

Thanks!

NYSKIER

WKR
What is her max range of shooting? I don't think I'd worry about third axis too much if you are keeping shots 30 and under, not sure of the exact effect but my wife shoots similar measurements out to 45 without a third axis and has no trouble shooting 3D on inclines and declines

OP
treillw

treillw

WKR
Max range is as far as her bow will throw them at rubber. Not sure.

Currently 45 with a three pin.

NYSKIER

WKR
In that case I think you'd be ok without the 3rd axis but that's just me so other more experienced guys might have another opinion

OP
treillw

treillw

WKR
She would be shooting further than 45...

That's just all you can get out of it with holdover and the top pin sighted in at 20.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
I bought my wife a custom pro on an ML3 base. 3 pin .019 amber and 0.010, 0.010 greens for her sliders with dual indicators. down side is its pricy. up side is she likes it with the slider thingy with the little arrows with numbers thingy. :LOL: Other upside if she decideds not to keep up archery I get a new sight.

In all serious though the pro sights are the finest piece of engineering in a bow sight I have seen. If you like your stuff to work like a nightforce scope you will like it.