Adjusting Kifaru frame help

WoolyBugger

Lil-Rokslider
Let a buddy use my frame now I’m having issues getting it back to where it’s comfy. It feels like the lumbar pad is riding on my ass.. I keep adjusting the shoulder straps shorter but now my load lifters are bottomed out on the 3 bar slider which is bottomed out to the stitch line. Anyone know what I’m doing wrong?

Mudd Foot

WKR
Not necessarily wrong, but in my experience the adjustment is counter intuitive. My frame is Duplex Lite and my torso is 17 inches give or take. Had a similar issue with gravity pulling the frame down my back when the weight is greater than 80 lbs. So I undid the straps completely and threaded them through the bottom three cross-straps, leaving the top cross-strap undone. The bottom of the shoulder strap is hanging under the very bottom cross strap by about half an inch. This made the shoulder straps actually a little longer, while the torso became shorter. These all made the lumbar pad sit exactly where it was made to sit.

Does this make sense?

OP
W

WoolyBugger

Lil-Rokslider
Not necessarily wrong, but in my experience the adjustment is counter intuitive. My frame is Duplex Lite and my torso is 17 inches give or take. Had a similar issue with gravity pulling the frame down my back when the weight is greater than 80 lbs. So I undid the straps completely and threaded them through the bottom three cross-straps, leaving the top cross-strap undone. The bottom of the shoulder strap is hanging under the very bottom cross strap by about half an inch. This made the shoulder straps actually a little longer, while the torso became shorter. These all made the lumbar pad sit exactly where it was made to sit.

Does this make sense?
It does thank you. I went the other way with my staps and I think I found the indent in the webbing where I had them sitting before and it feels a lot better