Admin on extended vacation?

I’ve been a member for a few years now but rarely post. I know I used to have enough “cred” to be able to access the classifieds; which was my main reason for joining.

For some reason now, I can look at the classifieds but not touch. I emailed admin a few times over the last year with not response. Is there something I’m missing here that’s so obvious there’s just no point in responding to me or are they still on Christmas break 2018?

OP
A
I had more than that. As I’ve said, and maybe you should follow your own advice, I had access to the classifieds. I’ve bought items from there.

Well you have 8 posts right now. I would bet that's the field the software uses to decide if you can access the classifieds or not. So you can argue with me about it, or you can read the rules and make a couple more posts and you'll be good to go.

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
Looking at your posts, you have 8 now. So when you have 2 more, you will get access once the system approves it which takes a couple days.

We don’t really care about the classifieds, it is the least important feature of this site. No one is responding because you have 8 posts so therefore there is no need.

As for what you had years ago, I don’t know, but it is irrelevant now as you have 8, so get to 10 and your issue will be resolved.

I had more than that. As I’ve said, and maybe you should follow your own advice, I had access to the classifieds. I’ve bought items from there.

They updated the site to a new platform a while back. Probably reset your post count. I think this place has grown enough that it is tough to reply to the level of inquiry they get. Throw up a few more posts and you should be good.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
They updated the site to a new platform a while back. Probably reset your post count. I think this place has grown enough that it is tough to reply to the level of inquiry they get. Throw up a few more posts and you should be good.

You got it. We have to prioritize who we can answer and when somebody’s pestering us about a question that has been answered multiple times on the forum, it gets low priority. Rokslide is a community and if people don’t wanna participate in it, then they’re not gonna get all the benefits of it. That’s all there is to it. And believe me, I’d love an extended vacation but that hasn’t happened since about ‘94.

So OP, post or pack. It’s your choice. We’d much rather you post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Azone

WKR
You got it. We have to prioritize who we can answer and when somebody’s pestering us about a question that has been answered multiple times on the forum, it gets low priority. Rokslide is a community and if people don’t wanna participate in it, then they’re not gonna get all the benefits of it. That’s all there is to it. And believe me, I’d love an extended vacation but that hasn’t happened since about ‘94.

So OP, post or pack. It’s your choice. We’d much rather you post.

Hahaha that's funny! A man who spends days on end in the mountains saying he has not had a vacation since 1994. I'm not buying it.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Hahaha that's funny! A man who spends days on end in the mountains saying he has not had a vacation since 1994. I'm not buying it.
well, I guess you got a point there! But hunting are not vacations for me. But we are doing a legit vaca in 2020 to Hawaii for my daughter Grace's graduation. so it's coming.

Azone

WKR
Every year when I get done with a month of elk hunting, I'm ready for a vacation. But two days later after I've recovered, I'm ready for another elk hunt. Funny how that works.

I've had plenty of times I've thought I've needed my head checked after what I save my vacation time for. What I've learned from a few hunts that got interesting in a rough way, is if your doing it right going back to work after them is a vacation. My co workers who dont hunt always tell me "now why the hell would you want to go do that on your off time" they just dont get it. I was just giving the legend a hard time. Some of us can only wish we could spend that much time in the mountains.

OP
A

Appreciate it, thanks. Was trying to do my Black Friday thing in the classifieds.

OP
A
For what’s its worth, not much I know, I DID read the rules. Saw the 10 post rule. I did not know about the site changing and dumping previous posts. Didn’t know I’d been a member since 2013. Thought that would be sufficient. But, at least I got the answer.

Assuming my previous posts were good was about as dumb as assuming I didn’t look into the rules before asking.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
For what’s its worth, not much I know, I DID read the rules. Saw the 10 post rule. I did not know about the site changing and dumping previous posts. Didn’t know I’d been a member since 2013. Thought that would be sufficient. But, at least I got the answer.

Assuming my previous posts were good was about as dumb as assuming I didn’t look into the rules before asking.

You should be good to go now with 10 Posts. Now hopefully it actually works. We’ve had a few people hit 10 and still get delayed. PM me if you do and I’ll get John or Ryan on it. Glad you’re staying on.

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member

If they were post in the classifieds, which you deleted once the item was sold, it wouldn't count toward your total post count. Part of the reason we switched to locked threads once the item is sold.