Adventures of the Yeti Hopper Backflip

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
Since my adventures dont always require a 7000 cubic inch backpack and a weapon, I jumped at the opportunity to get some time with the Yeti Backflip for a review. While no introduction is needed for Yeti, this backpack cooler is relatively new to the market. Follow along as we take the Backflip to some pretty cool destinations! Sometimes all a person needs is a cooler full of ice and a couple beers 😉

Virginian

Lil-Rokslider
I'll be following. I didn't realize yeti had started making these. I've been looking at the hopper for days on the river, the beach, and road trips.

OP
Brock A

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'll be following. I didn't realize yeti had started making these. I've been looking at the hopper for days on the river, the beach, and road trips.

It's been pretty awesome so far. It would fit the bill for that!

NV HUNTER

WKR
I use my yeti hopper 30 as my carry on. Get to the hotel unpack clothes , reload with beer, water, sandwiches ,ice and off to the field to watch my daughter play college softball. I get comments all the time. On sundays before we leave, i just put all my clothes and personal items in the hotel laundry bag, drink and eat everything that day at the games, wipe dry and put clothes back in and off to the airport. Works out great!

I don't own a Backflip, but now have 3 different Hoppers. A Flip 8 is my lunchbox on the days I actually need to take lunch with me. I drop 1 medium Yeti Ice pack in the bottom and then everything after that. 12 hours later the food and drink is gone but the ice pack is still mostly frozen. I've always been impressed with how well the (soft) Hopper lineup performs. We also have a Hopper 30 (bag) and it's our go-to for all-day trips, farm markets, distant groceries,

Now if Yeti would just make a combo cooler/duffel sized to fit our big Harley....

OP
Brock A

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
How long does it actually keep ice?

I haven't done a test to see how long it will hold ice. But I'm guessing that answer varies widely. It held ice without a hint of melting for our day trips to the beach and it was 93° all day. Obviously if you're opening it alot, it's going to melt faster. Nonetheless, it holds ice great.

16Bore

WKR
I’d like to see a comparison to the Walmart version, like the Yeti cups.

I know the Faux Yeti Cooler Bag Thingy we have works well...