Advice: 18” barrel + suppressor on a Tikka T3x Lite 7mm

The Greatest Spectacle in Motorcar Racing
I spoke with a guy from TBAC about 2 years ago wanting to do the same thing with a magnum sporter contour.
They said under no circumstances would they recommend going 9/16 threads on a 30 cal.

Unless something changed I'd stick to that advice

Your discussions were different than mine, it seems.

OP, sorry for the derail.

Last edited:

Tbuckus

WKR
I spoke with a guy from TBAC about 2 years ago wanting to do the same thing with a magnum sporter contour.
They said under no circumstances would they recommend going 9/16 threads on a 30 cal.

Unless something changed I'd stick to that advice
Read the OP.
He is using a 7mm. Not a 30cal.
If Zack or someone else from TBAC says otherwise on a 7mm then he has changed his recommendations.

BigRutt

Lil-Rokslider
Trying to do this same set up but for a 6.5cm tikka t3x ctr with a tbac ultra 7. Just looking for a good scope to put on it. I like NF but they are so heavy. looking at vx5hd, shv, and cringe vortex. Want something durable any thoughts?

Tbuckus

WKR
Trying to do this same set up but for a 6.5cm tikka t3x ctr with a tbac ultra 7. Just looking for a good scope to put on it. I like NF but they are so heavy. looking at vx5hd, shv, and cringe vortex. Want something durable any thoughts?
That‘s my next build. I’m looking at the NXS 2.5-10, and the MK5 3.8-18
If I want really light, I may go with a VX3i with CDS. I dont feel that the VX5 has any better reliability than the VX3i’s. But that comment may open way more conversation.

BigRutt

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks Tbuckus! And I would have to totally agree with you. I wish more leupold people would speak up. I have owned a bunch of fixed powers now im getting into variables and man some of the information online is not worth it. I really like the vx3i and the price for sure. But then I read a whole bunch of bad reviews. If i was made of money I would buy and try them all. Love my NF nxs but man it is heavy. Leupold is so light I think that is going to be the buying factor.

I called silencerco and the guy I spoke with said there has been no issue with 300 min mag and 1/2”-28. 20” barrel min for Harvester

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk