Advice on a new thermal scope for 4k or less

DLP

FNG
I’m looking into purchasing a new thermal scope for hog hunting where I live. My current budget is 4k. I would prefer to get one with a 640 sensor and atleast a 35mm lens. What would you reccomend in that range? Tried finding some sales but haven’t had too much luck in doing that. Trying to stay away from atn products.

Thanks for any info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gman82001

WKR
Really happy with my Bering optics super yoter 35 if I remember you could even get into the 50mm for $4k

If you can save up a little more

If not, I would buy this though it's 384 not 640

I would be looking at iRay USA for a thermal

JAC8504

Lil-Rokslider
Athlon Cronus 50-640
$3,999

Shipping Nov 1st.
10 reticles (Mil/moa)
6 reticle color options
10-12 hours of battery life
1440x1080
Comes with rings

Call your local athlon dealer or send me a message for more details.

Attachments

• IMG_9083.jpeg
    IMG_9083.jpeg
    182.8 KB · Views: 15
Call the guys at outdoor legacy they give good advice. I have an AGM and like it. May have went the Pulsar route if they were available at the time.

Dented

WKR
Call the guys at outdoor legacy they give good advice. I have an AGM and like it. May have went the Pulsar route if they were available at the time.

This. Menhaden nailed it.
Tell them what you do, where you do it, what you can afford. They'll talk you through the whole thing. I called them, we talked, their leading recommendation was actually $1000 under my maximum spend. And I had started with the max I could afford.

Boltgun

FNG
I have two Bering Optics Hogster-R 35mm thermals, and have been really pleased with them. Several hunting buddies are also running Bering Optics.

Pros:
Very affordable. Paid ~$2400 each.
QD mount holds zero within 1-1.5MOA
Lightweight. This is a big factor that many miss, especially if you’re not running a separate spotter.
Can have 4 rifle zeros stored in each scope.

Cons:
CR123 batteries only last 4 hrs.
Does not record.

Notes: I have compared them to high end thermals, and have yet to be convinced to make a switch. Clarity is not as good, target ID is 400 yds, not 800 like some scopes. It can be a slight handicap coyote hunting, and the lack of a LRF can be a hinderance, but for hog hunting I have very few complaints.

I chose to buy two and have a spare to loan out, and it proved to be WAY more fun than just one fancy thermal. I’ve been able to get a lot of buddies into thermal hunting as a result.