Advice on hydration bladder

Waggy

FNG
Has anyone used the Kuiu/Platypus bladder? I am deciding between that one and the MSR Dromedary bladder atm.

Camelbak 3L Antidote bladders for several years now. Way too many to actually remember how old they are. I’ve changed from drinking out of them to using them for water storage. Been using a nalgene on my hip and the bladders for storage sitting on the top of the rest of the gear in my bag. Never hang a bladder inside my pack ever.

Why do you say that?

Leaked a bladder in my bag one trip. The hose came loose from the bottom of the bladder from being squeezed by gear, compression straps, and taking it on and off a few times. Soaked everything in my bag. After drying everything out, my partner and I decided to leave our bladders on the top of all our other gear in the bag. (He was afraid he’d crush his next. Murphy’s law type deal). We realized it was much nicer having the bladder on top for easy access to fill our nalgenes, refill at water stops, and less need to suck water from the hose (gravity worked in more of an easy flow since it was sitting higher in the bag). Since then, we haven’t hung a bladder in a pack.