Advice on hydration bladder

Badseed

WKR
I recently picked up a MR sawtooth 45 and am looking to put a 3L bladder in it. There are some many options and prices seem to range from $17-$50. What are everybody’s recommendations for bladders in this pack? I heard somewhere that the MR bladders are not worth the price but I cant remember where I saw that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Block

WKR
Never had a problem with the badlands as mentioned above. switched to Platypus last season and like em a lot. 1 benefit of the wide open top of the badlands was being able to add ice for day hikes.

OP
Badseed

Badseed

WKR
I have a badlands bladder in my other pack and dont have anything negative to say about but I wasn’t sure if there other, possibly better options.

Frost

FNG
Badlands bladders are made by hydrapak. Used one for four years in my badlands pack. Never leaked, only complaint was the hose and bite valve freezing up in cold temps. Bought a new pack and tried a camelbak (antidote?) because I liked the hose system. Two bladders in a row have leaked around the lid right away. I’m going back to hydrapak and using the camelbak hose with it.

oldhorse

WKR
I have been using Camelbak Milspec reservoirs for several years without any issues. They come in 2 and 3 liters, long and slender or short and wide, depending on the available space in your pack. Quick connect , insulated hoses and covered bite valves

OP
Badseed

Badseed

WKR
I was looking at the mil spec camelbak bags. I have read a lot of good things about them. I just need to verify the dimensions inside my pack.

Camelbak omega 3L has been bomb proof for me. It’s long and skinny so it fits most sleeves well. No bad taste either. Think I’m on year 3 or 4 with it now.

Sportsman

Lil-Rokslider
im leaning towards moving in that direction. doesn't the Platypus have baffles making it a little more rigid and durable as well?

I've only made one backcountry trip with it but I hunted 7 days with it in my pack and no problems. I have the 3L with larger hose. I did have problems with my Sawyer quick connect because of the larger hose but leaving your bladder in your bag and filling from a quick connect is money.

ScottinPA

WKR
I was looking at the mil spec camelbak bags. I have read a lot of good things about them. I just need to verify the dimensions inside my pack.
This is what I've used the past 3 years. They do may a long skinnier version but it can be tough to find at times.

AgentVenom

Lil-Rokslider
Hydrapak Force are bomb proof. The wide opening, reversible for cleaning, and quick detach with the slew of hoses (regular, insulated, freeze resistant, pump assist ex.). Made it the choice for me probably the most rugged bladder on the market.

In the service I ran a slew of camelbacks all them leaked sometime or another (squeezed between armor & pack or various vehicle seats eventually I was getting a soaked back or gear).

Hydrapak also makes alot of other companies bladders.

I am going on my 15th season with my Source bladder with zero issues. I wrote highly recommend them.

I got one last week. The drinking valve leaked (yes I know you have to twist to close it.). Amazon overnighted a replacement, which was cool of them, but it had the same issue.

I contacted them and they are refunding everything. I get to keep the original unit so I’m going to try and find another quick disconnect drink valve.

I’ve honestly had the best luck with this one so far in limited use. The only reason I tried switching is to have a quick disconnect on the hose to refill the reservoir without removing it.