Advice on traditional muzzleloader

It's the same model as what I said. If you can find a pedersoli one I would say go for it. I like the twist rate better on their barrels as the the T/C model has a 1:48 I do believe.

OP
Legend

Legend

WKR
It's the same model as what I said. If you can find a pedersoli one I would say go for it. I like the twist rate better on their barrels as the the T/C model has a 1:48 I do believe.
I have too much jargon and new subjects bouncing in my head to keep straight. Thanks for clarifying. Sounds like at great choice as it comes with decent sights and a little lower cost than the Lyman .

OP
Legend

Legend

WKR
I wouldn’t want a 1:24 twist on a traditional rifle. Especially if you’re thinking about shooting round balls?
My understanding is the 1:24 twist is preferred when shooting conicals? I know most places will not allow sabots in a trad season. I didn't plan on shooting round balls. My plan is to shoot a lead conical bullet....so is the 1:24 the proper choice?

I wouldn’t want a 1:24 twist on a traditional rifle. Especially if you’re thinking about shooting round balls?
I personally wouldn't want to shoot round ball for hunting purposes..
If you shooting traditional for the nostalgia sure go with round ball. But ballistically they are inferior to conical.
When hunting I would want what ever is going to perform.

My understanding is the 1:24 twist is preferred when shooting conicals? I know most places will not allow sabots in a trad season. I didn't plan on shooting round balls. My plan is to shoot a lead conical bullet....so is the 1:24 the proper choice?
You are correct. Most do not allow sabots in trad seasons. I would still go with a 1:24.

CoHiCntry

WKR
I personally wouldn't want to shoot round ball for hunting purposes..
If you shooting traditional for the nostalgia sure go with round ball. But ballistically they are inferior to conical.
When hunting I would want what ever is going to perform.

Yeah, I can see where you’re coming from. When I think “traditional” PRB comes into the equation. At least for me.

For the same reason some guy’s gravitate towards a long bow shooting wood arrows instead of a hopped up compound. I made the assumption that the traditional part was important to the OP. Of course I’m not saying you can’t be traditional & shoot conicals at the same time.

I also understand some guy’s are trying to get as much performance as they can while staying within the restrictions of a particular states regulations. If that’s more where the OP is coming from then the faster twist may serve him better. Whatever floats your boat!

Squincher

WKR

That is what you want for conicals.