Advice to archery elk hunters in CO.

OP
elkyinco

elkyinco

FNG
What a true master! Thank you for joining and gracing us with your presence and knowledge. Please let me know your OnlyFans. My body (and credit card) are ready.
Perhaps you could bless of with some of your knowledge, or better yet, photos of your success. From the brief search I've done you add very little as far as suggestions , but are very good at making smart ass remarks or insulting people.
I was just merely providing evidence of what I was stating . I'm sorry this ruffles your feathers but If you want to get out of the 90 % club you may want to take in some of what is written here by successful hunters.

Last edited:
OP
elkyinco

elkyinco

FNG
What do you mean? I gave you the atta boy you came here looking for... You, sir are a stone-cold dirt nap dealer. I can't help if that turns me on!
Not at all what I was looking for. Sorry you took it that way !

Elky, I’d just keep your tactics to yourself and enjoy your success. Post elk season brings out the worst in a lot of people for obvious reasons.

Great bulls, enjoy.

OP
elkyinco

elkyinco

FNG
Elky, I’d just keep your tactics to yourself and enjoy your success. Post elk season brings out the worst in a lot of people for obvious reasons.

Great bulls, enjoy.
oh are we so woke as hunters that we just need comforting and suggestion is insulting to those that do something else., are you kidding me ??? What is this site for ??? Maybe I should have went a a pace that everyone could handle without feeling intruded on ???

Jakerex

WKR
oh are we so woke as hunters that we just need comforting and suggestion is insulting to those that do something else., are you kidding me ??? What is this site for ??? Maybe I should have went a a pace that everyone could handle without feeling intruded on ???

I keep hearing this “woke” word….what the F does does woke mean?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
elkyinco

elkyinco

FNG
You can’t just show up to the party and just start hitting on chicks. At least not here.
Oh, so this is another site that somehow people feel they are more entitled to opinion than others, Kind of like the guy who has hunted a certain portion of a NF for 20 years and therefore thinks he is king of the area. this is just like High school, but with money !

The10%

Lil-Rokslider
I appreciate the pictures and tips elkyinco, and enjoy reading posts such as this. Obviously there is many ways to skin a cat, similar to what you've said I like to do what every one else isn't. And regardless if I agree, if someone has been successful I want to know their strategy.
I don't think he's saying he's the best hunter on here, but obviously many people could learn something from him. Congrats on the bull

Vandy321

WKR
Thanks for sharing dude, and welcome to the site. Enjoy the meat and the memories and good on ya for getting in done in CO OTC. Always good to hear what works for folks...

OP
elkyinco

elkyinco

FNG
I appreciate the pictures and tips elkyinco, and enjoy reading posts such as this. Obviously there is many ways to skin a cat, similar to what you've said I like to do what every one else isn't. And regardless if I agree, if someone has been successful I want to know their strategy.
I don't think he's saying he's the best hunter on here, but obviously many people could learn something from him. Congrats on the bull
Thank you
I agree 100 % and am all ears for suggestions as you can never learn too much about these awesome animals.i am just stating what works for me year after year and hope it helps someone else, especially a new young hunter.

mavinwa2

WKR
Res WA ST, winter>Gilbert AZ , NR>AZ, UT, NM, CO.
Hunted Colorado OTC elk 62 for several years now. 2021 was the worst in numbers of archery hunters, camps etc.
in my 50+ years of hunting elk, never saw the hunter numbers observed this year. That includes the 1970's elk seasons in WA State!

even then, had 2 chances for a shot on respectable bulls. A good, ethical shot just never presented me the opportunity to release the arrow.

OP
elkyinco

elkyinco

FNG
Thanks for sharing dude, and welcome to the site. Enjoy the meat and the memories and good on ya for getting in done in CO OTC. Always good to hear what works for folks...
Thank you sir !
Hunted Colorado OTC elk 62 for several years now. 2021 was the worst in numbers of archery hunters, camps etc.
in my 50+ years of hunting elk, never saw the hunter numbers observed this year. That includes the 1970's elk seasons in WA State!

even then, had 2 chances for a shot on respectable bulls. A good, ethical shot just never presented me the opportunity to release the arrow.

OP
elkyinco

elkyinco

FNG
I thinknit is a fad that will fade away and, or the CPW will be pressured into limiting out of state hunters. Either way, I targeted an area that could not be road hunted, or day hunted as it is a 5.5 mile hike with 2600 ft elavation gain to get to where the elk are. Most of the hunters I saw were working the edges of the timber and moving as if mileage was the key to success.

crazyhawksfan

Lil-Rokslider
Hey man I've also enjoyed reading what you've had to say and actually agree with you on most of your points. Our styles are just different as I shared in earlier post. I'm really aggressive and like being confrontational with bulls. Just something about when they come stomping in all pissed off that I can't get enough of. With that being said here in Montana as of late your silent approach would probably be serving me well and is probably going to be my move the last 2 weekends here. Calling bulls in this last half of the season has proved challenging. Anyway congrats on your success. I take it you live in Montana?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

OP
elkyinco

elkyinco

FNG
Hey man I've also enjoyed reading what you've had to say and actually agree with you on most of your points. Our styles are just different as I shared in earlier post. I'm really aggressive and like being confrontational with bulls. Just something about when they come stomping in all pissed off that I can't get enough of. With that being said here in Montana as of late your silent approach would probably be serving me well and is probably going to be my move the last 2 weekends here. Calling bulls in this last half of the season has proved challenging. Anyway congrats on your success. I take it you live in Montana?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

OP
elkyinco

elkyinco

FNG
Thank you !
No, I live in CO. I moved here 18 months ago from AZ. I hunted MT as it was near impossible to get an AZ tag. Good luck in you final weeks in MT !

Tip for elk hunters everywhere.. all hunters even... Adapt to the situations presented.
Snuck into 62 yards without any calls and gave this bruiser the ol muzzy 3 blade. It wasn't bugling. I had to spot and stalk it.

I'm not saying that I was 20 miles into the Backcountry, but I'm not not saying that either. The pack out could've killed a lesser man. 😂
PXL_20210807_014158003.MP.jpg

Last edited:
OP
elkyinco

elkyinco

FNG
Don't be sorry, I prefer wavy lays over ruffles anyways...

First post as a new user you lay out your whole elk hunting resume including stats, scores and photos like you're something special. I bet you're fun at parties- probably the guy who corners people and shows pictures on your phone until your battery dies.

It's not my MO to look for praise from strangers on the internet by finding any reason to post my success photos. I'll leave that to you and continue sharing mine amongst close F&F.