Aero precision complete lower good, bad, mid?

zacattack

WKR
Buying parts for my first AR15 build. I’ve read good things about aero precision parts but just wanted to see if anyone here had first hand knowledge if their lowers. Looking specifically at the m4e1. Don’t want to spend more than say $400 to $500 on the complete lower as this will be my first but I also don’t want to end up with a piece of crap that I’ll hate shooting.

AP is rock solid but like @letrbuck said, I’d grab a PSA lower, drop in a LaRue MBT trigger and save my money for a good barrel. @Hill Difficulty sold me a used white oak 223 Wylde that shoots 1/2” pretty easy with 69-75 gr BTHPs. Good luck!

Zappaman

WKR
Aero uppers have worked well for me- building my own they cost an extra $10 more the Anderson, Matrix, Etc. Use the PSA MOE lower (often on sale for $149 shipped). Agreed, spend the bucks on better barrel/glass and other upper parts (adjustable gas block if suppressed, etc.).

OP
Z

zacattack

WKR
Thanks. I picked up a PSA complete upper on sale for a pretty good price. Maybe I’ll just get the lower from there too then and piece out somethings like the trigger.

Form gave his opinion in a recent post; he had some interesting things to say. It would be worth looking up his posts to find it.

Here you go, he has a few posts in this thread:

3 ARs in 1 Build

Last edited:

WCB

WKR
Get a inexpensive lower...get a build kit with upgraded trigger. Depending on what complete lower you are buying you should be able to put a really good lower together with a nice trigger for $500. If everything in yours was basic mil spec you can put it together from part for around $300 maybe less.

plus buying a build kit will force you to learn the firearm and its parts.

TigerAG16

FNG
Like many have already mentioned, Aero is good stuff. I have built a couple of rifles using their lowers, including the one you mentioned, and haven't had any issues.

tradman

Lil-Rokslider
There is also the "poverty pony" Anderson lower. Very budget friendly quality lower.