Affordable Base Layers?

Just bought 8 Russell Outdoors 100% merino wool, 1/4 zip shirts from Cabela's, they seem like good quality, and are heavier weight than the Stoic stuff I have. Also just bought (stole?) 2 100% merino, half-zip Icebreaker 250 shirts shipped, $55 for the pair, used, but in like new condition.

NWHunter

FNG
I've got the core4 bottoms and have ran then through the dryer and treated them like normal everyday clothing for about a year now. They've held up just fine.

Core4 is also 25% off for the month of April on their website.

That's true, but the Core4 stuff is even cheaper if you can find it for sale on Camofire.com. If you go to the website, and click the "forum" tab, you can then see everything that is going to sell that day, so you'll know if there is any merino coming up. Good luck

dryflyguy

Lil-Rokslider
Sierra Trading Post has Redram (by Icebreaker) merino in stock right now. The camo color is a neutral earth tone. I have used Redram in the past and believe the quality is good. I bought 7 more pieces today. The keycode KJR0954P will give you an additional 30% off the sale prices today and tomorrow. T-shirts $20.96, long sleeve t or leggings $25.86, long sleeve zip t $30.80, boxer briefs $13.65. Hard to beat those prices for a good piece that is 100% merino.

Thank you for this post. I had forgotten that I had a $10 e-card that expires tomorrow. I bought a long sleeve zip top & long bottom for under fifty bucks with all the discounts and gift card. I'll wear these on the hike in and pack in my first lite stuff. This way I can give them a wash in the creek, dry for a day and rotate them.