Affordable cell cams

chadcharb

Lil-Rokslider
I was looking at the reveal x and have been seeing some pretty mixed reviews. It seems like it's either perfect or total garbage depending on the review. Anyone have first hand experience? Or suggest another cell cam that won't break the bank?

Bigboone1988

Lil-Rokslider
I have had good luck with spypoint micro but it also has similar mixed reviews. I have an original reveal, spypoints have been better in my opinion.

Slightly over $100 for a cell cam gets you something that was manufactured in China to hit a budgeted price point. Seems like tactacam is the hotness now. I wouldn’t expect anything at that price point to not have mixed reviews because a fair percent of them are going to crap the bed.

I don’t have any of the budget Spypoints but the more expensive models (link dark and link s dark) have been good to me so far.

OP
chadcharb

chadcharb

Lil-Rokslider
Slightly over $100 for a cell cam gets you something that was manufactured in China to hit a budgeted price point. Seems like tactacam is the hotness now. I wouldn’t expect anything at that price point to not have mixed reviews because a fair percent of them are going to crap the bed.

I don’t have any of the budget Spypoints but the more expensive models (link dark and link s dark) have been good to me so far.
I just assumed all these cameras were made in China anyway.

OP
chadcharb

chadcharb

Lil-Rokslider
I have had good luck with spypoint micro but it also has similar mixed reviews. I have an original reveal, spypoints have been better in my opinion.
Camofire has that cam for $89 today. Maybe I'll give it a try

aaronoto

Lil-Rokslider
I've got the original Reveal that I've run the last two season and just picked up a Reveal X that I haven't unboxed yet. Can't speak to the X, but the Reveal has been solid for me - no issues other then the temperature sensor is way off. For the money I don't think the Reveal/Reveal X can be beat.

Agross

WKR
I’ve been wondering this as well as I’ve never used one and I saw them on camofire this morning. I don't even know where to begin

I bought a Spypoint and a stealth cam off of Camofire. The stealth cam was a refurb and advertised as 4G, but when I called AT&T to help get a mini sim (not included), up they told me it was 3G. After hours upon hours of horrible customer service trying to have them upload the latest software, waiting 2 weeks for their branded mini sim, and it still not taking, I boxed it up and sent it back.

The Spypoint was brand new and real easy to set up and put to use. I did have some issues with fogging after heavy rain, and the spypoint tech told me it was a firmware update that they could send to the camera on it’s next transfer in the field. Seems to have helped. I have it set up to transfer once a day and my alkaline batteries have lasted quite a while now. On my next visit I will be switching them out with lithiums to get through the impending cold weather.

When I can squeeze it in the budget, I’m going to try the reveal x. It’s only a little more than spypoint if you can snare it on sale. Their photo quality seems better than the spypoint. I’ve heard nothing but good stuff about them from fellow hunters, but their demand has made them difficult to get during this economic cluster.

Whatever you choose, good luck this season!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
chadcharb

chadcharb

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a Spypoint and a stealth cam off of Camofire. The stealth cam was a refurb and advertised as 4G, but when I called AT&T to help get a mini sim (not included), up they told me it was 3G. After hours upon hours of horrible customer service trying to have them upload the latest software, waiting 2 weeks for their branded mini sim, and it still not taking, I boxed it up and sent it back.

The Spypoint was brand new and real easy to set up and put to use. I did have some issues with fogging after heavy rain, and the spypoint tech told me it was a firmware update that they could send to the camera on it’s next transfer in the field. Seems to have helped. I have it set up to transfer once a day and my alkaline batteries have lasted quite a while now. On my next visit I will be switching them out with lithiums to get through the impending cold weather.

When I can squeeze it in the budget, I’m going to try the reveal x. It’s only a little more than spypoint if you can snare it on sale. Their photo quality seems better than the spypoint. I’ve heard nothing but good stuff about them from fellow hunters, but their demand has made them difficult to get during this economic cluster.

Whatever you choose, good luck this season!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The reveal x seems pretty available right now for around $119 but the spypoint micro at $89 is very tempting.

Djacker

WKR
I have the reveal x and love it. I set it up in June, my batteries are at 85%. Picture quality is good, setup is easy. I have the Verizon version. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another.

depends on what you consider affordable ? I wouldn't touch a spypoint with a 10' stick. Bunch of buddies run the tactacam reveals with mixed reviews. The stealth cam fusions i've had in the field over a year on set of lithium batteries & over 10,000 photos & i have never had to touch them. Also added a few stealthcam reactors this summer & so far so good. The spartan cell cams have been the best by far i've ever used but you may not consider them "affordable" !