Africa Recommendations

No concerns with the biden-ator putting federal restrictions on imported African trophies?

A guy in the back asked the question, wanted to make sure it was heard.

Nerhunter

FNG
Just returned from Namibia 4 days ago, went with Toekoms Safaris again, great hunt, top notch facilities, etc. Jannie is Pieter Delporte’s cousin and neighbor. The families have the land for sure!

Attachments

• DD8E3273-0782-458A-A389-806B9B74283A.jpeg
    DD8E3273-0782-458A-A389-806B9B74283A.jpeg
    313.7 KB · Views: 61
  • F8D25C2B-BAC8-4B1A-8D52-D6D7FB3F9E80.jpeg
    F8D25C2B-BAC8-4B1A-8D52-D6D7FB3F9E80.jpeg
    265.2 KB · Views: 61
  • 008F4FA3-59C5-45A3-837A-33B2A02B2AA6.jpeg
    008F4FA3-59C5-45A3-837A-33B2A02B2AA6.jpeg
    210.2 KB · Views: 55
  • 5B2F8646-3291-4B6F-B4D6-909703F0F245.jpeg
    5B2F8646-3291-4B6F-B4D6-909703F0F245.jpeg
    262.2 KB · Views: 51
  • 44DA3A17-526D-4FD6-89B8-53B631E54C18.jpeg
    44DA3A17-526D-4FD6-89B8-53B631E54C18.jpeg
    568.6 KB · Views: 52

Wallace

Lil-Rokslider
Jason Stone is a really good option. He operates in multiple countries in Africa. Main issue would likely be availability. I have hunted with him, and sent clients to him.

Bdjones

Lil-Rokslider
Look into quagga safaris. I spent 21 days with them and my family took 27 animals. Super great people and hospitality.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Dries

WKR
Thank you to all for you suggestions. This give me a better idea of where to start narrowing the focus a little.

I feel like I am in a little over my head at this point with there being so many options. Appreciate the input from everyone.
I have been to SA once in 2005 and I will be going in 3 weeks with a different Outfitter. Best way is to find a local Safari Club International (SCI) Chapter and email the board and find out if they have any events coming up. Go and Talk to the members about their own trips out there. If your located in Michigan there a bunch of awesome SCI Chapters with awesome Information sharing members.

awilder

FNG
I would suggest Namibia for a first plains game safari. Country is welcoming to foreign hunters with a lot of good operators. I have hunted with Jamy Traut in Namibia and a fantastic time. Would suggest a side trip to Etosha for you and the wife. Also highly recommend using the services of a travel agent that specializes in arranging trips for hunters traveling with firearms. I have used Steve Turner at Travel With Guns and Jennifer Ginn with Travel Express and had good trips with both.

I hunted with Crusader Safaris in SA for my first trip and it was great. Would recommend if you decide to go to SA.

As stated above the recommendations depend on what specific species you want to hunt and what type of experience you are looking for. A remote camp in an area that has the big five is a lot different than a high fenced game ranch hunt in SA.

Wapiti1

WKR
No concerns with the biden-ator putting federal restrictions on imported African trophies?

A guy in the back asked the question, wanted to make sure it was heard.
No worry for plains game. Leopard would be the one to worry about, but unlikely for them to do anything with.
Jeremy

I have had good experiences with Bayley Sippel Safaris, Eland Safaris, Spreeuwaal Wilds Plaas. I would run far and fast away from Bayete Safaris.

Attachments

• 3C8FC5DB-A023-4D64-93B6-804BB732073E.jpeg
    3C8FC5DB-A023-4D64-93B6-804BB732073E.jpeg
    303.3 KB · Views: 39
  • 0937D287-0B09-4A35-AB14-B30B390AFF96.jpeg
    0937D287-0B09-4A35-AB14-B30B390AFF96.jpeg
    266.4 KB · Views: 39
  • E09D4701-E207-40ED-B8E1-47D861681423.jpeg
    E09D4701-E207-40ED-B8E1-47D861681423.jpeg
    944.6 KB · Views: 38
  • 6629584A-6270-4AD6-BB68-0BACA4A85663.jpeg
    6629584A-6270-4AD6-BB68-0BACA4A85663.jpeg
    261.2 KB · Views: 39

News Reports
World
Updated: 13 July, 2021

Indians face racist abuse online, threatened with rape and massacre as violence breaks out in South Africa​

Indians are facing racist abuse and social media platforms are being used to incite violence against Indians living in South Africa.

13 July, 2021
OpIndia Staff
Indians face racist abuse online, threatened with rape and massacre as violence breaks out in South Africa
Image Credit: Rogan Ward/Reuters
https://www.facebook.com/sharer.php...-racism-threats-social-media-incite-violence/
https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?te...social-media-incite-violence/&via=OpIndia_com
https://telegram.me/share/url?url=h...ssacre+as+violence+breaks+out+in+South+Africa

https://api.whatsapp.com/send?text=...-racism-threats-social-media-incite-violence/
Troubling news has been coming from South Africa where violence has erupted following the arrest of former President Jacob Zuma on July 7. While looters and rioters are rampaging through the country, some of Indian origin and others who are White have come together to defend their properties through retaliation.
Consequently, Indians are facing racist abuse on social media platforms and the platforms are being used to further incite violence against Indians living in South Africa.
South Africa
Source: Twitter
South Africa
South Africa
Indians are being accused of racism in order to justify racist attacks against them.
South Africa
Indians who are defending themselves against rioters in the USA are being accused of inciting a civil war.
South Africa
Some are even justifying raping Indian women because Indians are ‘evil’.
racism-indians.jpg
Threats of rape and massacre are also being issued.
racism-indians-7.jpg
Violence is being incited against the White population in South Africa as well.
racism-whites.jpg
Indians are being blamed pretty much for everything under the Sun, while some say that ‘giving the country away’ to Indians is worse than ‘living under Whites’ because Blacks do ‘better’ under Whites. One may recall, while Africans suffered slavery during colonial rule by Whites, Indians have never committed such atrocity against Africans.
racism-indians-3.jpg
racism-Indians-1.jpg
Reportedly, the South African government has decided to deploy the military at some places to curb the violence. Shopping centres, pharmacies have been looted and the supply chain and Coronavirus vaccination drives were disrupted. In all, 6 people have been killed so far and a total of 489 suspects have been arrested.
In a statement, incumbent South African President Cyril Ramaphosa said, “What we are witnessing now are opportunistic acts of criminality, with groups of people instigating chaos merely as a cover for looting and theft. We will not hesitate to arrest and prosecute those who perpetrate these actions and will ensure that they face the full might of our law.”

ODB

WKR
PH Jason Stone had some interesting videos of stuff he was seeing first hand. Not a pretty sight in RSA right now.

ODB

WKR
Namibia is definitely a great deal. Great wild life. Kenya and South Africa also have amazing Africa hunting experience.

Hunting has been banned in Kenya since 1977. Might reconsider that one.

Mojave

WKR
I have hunted Namibia, and spent a lot fo time in South Africa.

Budget and goals drive what you want.

There are good outfitters in Namibia, Botswana, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Tanzania, Cameroon and Uganda. There are a lot of unsafe areas in every country, South Africa is far worse than the rest right now.

If you want to play the Tarzan game and live a 5 year old boys wildest dreams the last 5 countries are best.

If you want a ranch hunt, with a bigger version of a Wyoming pronghorn or Texas exotic hunt you need to pick the first 3. Zimbabwe has ranches as well.

Botswana and Namibia are safer than South Africa by quite a bit. The entirety of South Africa is not embroiled in a civil war, but it is really rough.

But Detroit and LA are worse than Jackson, WY. Everything is relative.

I have heard good thigns about these 3 in Botswana.

https://tholosafarisbotswana.com/
I do not recommend my last Namibian outfitter.

CHWine

Lil-Rokslider
I've been 4 times over the years and sent over a dozen buddies to RSA and Namibia with good friend Andre Viljoen. Small family run operation that can fit the trip to your needs. Knows how to plan the trip around you and your wife's needs. He's been teaching PH classes for 30 years and his knowledge of the plant/animal/bird life is unmatched. His son is also an accomplished winemaker......if that interests you.

He knows where.....and where not to be as he's a lifelong resident. He is concealed carry, has knowledge of all the National parks and can set up things like fishing as well.

www.besthunt.co.za. Feel free to shoot me a message and I'd be happy to make the introduction.

prm

WKR
Old thread, but good topic. I hunted once in S. Africa and will go again once budget allows. Between my one, and friends and acquaintances 20+ hunts with these folks, I’ve never heard a single complaint or desire to hunt with anyone else.

They get over to the US during the winter so you can coordinate meeting them.

bozeman

WKR
off topic, but....I want to go with my wife and two teens (16 son, 14 daughter) on a non-hunting safari....just to see/experience Africa. thoughts/recommendations?

jeffpg

WKR
I spent 4 years working in Africa and made many trips into 4 different countries for everything from plains game to dangerous game with some night time predator hunting and bird hunting mixed in. I booked a package deal for 10 animals over the course of 10 days on my first trip into the Kalahari desert in Botswana and ended up taking 23 animals on that trip. I was having so much fun that I rebooked for the following year on the second day of the safari. My last Africa hunting trip lasted 37 straight days of non-stop hunting, except for travel days, on 6 different properties in 2 different countries for leopard, cape buffalo, predators, birds and a multitude of plains game. I lost count of how many animals I harvested on that adventure.

I would decide what animals interested me the most and go from there. A package deal on 6-8 plus plains game animals over the course of 7-10 days in Botswana, South Africa or Namibia would be a decent starting place, but if you are like many of us who have been bitten by the safari bug, you will return for more.