After the shot reloading quickly

brunse

Lil-Rokslider
What do you do? Please specify black powder or other.

If you swab your barrel what do you keep your wet patches in? Dry patches? Quick loaders for powder? What about bullets and wads/discs ? Thanks in advance.

In your right hand side or pocket? Etc.

Clarence

WKR
I flintlock hunt the January late season here in pa. I like the glomits for dexterity when flipped. 2 speed loaders in right pants pocket, ball starter in left rear pocket, pan powder in right thigh pocket. Keep a couple dry patches handy so I can run a spit patch after my 2nd shot (don't worry about it after the first if I'm hustling.)

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

bbell

WKR
I have a leather hip pouch with all my load stuff. Speedload tubes with powder (Swiss fffg), ball board that has 3 patched balls and a starter tethered to it, and cap loader in as well.

I dump powder, then place board over muzzle and start the ball. When I remove the board after starting the ball I leave the starter in the board and put in my pouch. Finish ball with ramrod and then percussion cap from capper in pouch. A lot quicker and simpler than typing it out.

I don’t swab between shots cause I shoot a lubed patched ball. Can shoot awhile without swabbing.
Hope this helps

Rich M

WKR
Pretty much - I shoot conicals out of a ML that looks like single shot shotgun. Carry 3 powder loads + bullets + primers in waterproof match container (they were like $1 at WalMart). 1 is handy, 2 in pack. Handy is where you want it to be when you reach for it.

Shoot, pour powder, start conical, ram it home, swap primer, shoot. Repeat as necessary.

I can see some tight fitting sabots causing trouble, but not a ball & patch or conical or powerbelt.

Maybe just carry an easy to load projectile for 2nd shot and know where it hits as compared to your fav bullet?

OXN939

WKR
Anyone ever remove the breech plug (assuming inlines, of course), run a boresnake and then reload? Think I'm gonna give that guy a try this year. Tried just ramming her home while using 777 and BH209 as propellants, and that technique didn't seem to agree with my rig.