Aftermarket bow strings

John.45

FNG
Last spring I replaced my Hoyt original string due to peep rotation to a Tall Tine bowstring, (glacial lake archery) and haven’t had a problem since. Custom made strings in South Dakota.

Bbell12

WKR
I’ve used Catfish Customs, Twisted X, Hogwire, JBK, Strict 9 and Buck Slayer (probably one or two others I can’t remember).

Hands down Catfish Customs or Twisted X for me. I just ordered a new set of strings for my new V3 from Catfish. His quality, options and price point is spot on. Twisted X is also awesome but the wait times are a little longer and a little more expensive.

I was not impressed by the Buck Slayer or JBK sets I tried. I have no experience with GAS but they are pretty expensive and I think you can get an as good or better set from a quality smaller string builder.
Good to hear since I just ordered a set of Twisted X strings this week. Super nice guy to talk to on the phone too.

Anyone ever tried the Catfish Customs "waxless" bow strings ?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
I have some. I didn’t care for the slippery oil feel all over your fingers after you handle them. I took them off for back ups.

I’ve owned several brands of customs. I’ve had the best luck with Gas and 60X. Everybody makes a decent string, but some make them closer to factory strings (mostly referring to end serving size) than others. That WILL have an effect on how the bow tunes.

Zac

WKR
I have some. I didn’t care for the slippery oil feel all over your fingers after you handle them. I took them off for back ups.

I’ve owned several brands of customs. I’ve had the best luck with Gas and 60X. Everybody makes a decent string, but some make them closer to factory strings (mostly referring to end serving size) than others. That WILL have an effect on how the bow tunes.
Are you referring to the diameter of the end serving where the loop is?

Zac

WKR
Yes. The loops and anything that lays in the cam track. Likely it’s due to material types as well.
That's interesting, I wish I would have went down the tuning worm hole with my factory Fuse string before I put on the ABB.

ia bhtr

FNG
Really good luck with GAS , First strings as well , not impressed with 60x

Just ordered a set of THREADZ , going to give them a try

WCB

WKR
I have had 8 or so sets of Vapor Trails and actually just put a new one on my bow this week. I have had ZERO issues with them.

I even bought a couple "closeout" strings/cable sets from them for $50 total. No issues.