Aftermarket Muzzle brakes for browning hells canyon line

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I’m going to be working on a new self timing muzzle brake for smaller diameter barrels. I just picked up a browning hells canyon speed in 300prc and really like it. I really like the burnt bronze cerakote color. I did a buddies gun in it last year and have loved it since.

That got me thinking, why not do a run of the self
Timers I’m working on designing and have them cerakoted to match a specifically for the hells canyon line of rifles. I would like it to work for the hells canyon long range also. But I can’t figure out what threads these have. I know my speed is 13mmx.75, so I’m assuming the long range is metric also. Anyone know what threads these have? Would also like to know the barrel diameter at the muzzle brake for the long range version.

Tumbleweed

Lil-Rokslider
Fantastic idea. My son just bought one in 300 win. The radial brake leaves a lot to be desired as far as efficiency. Are you thinking of doing a mini slab style? That would be awesome! Options are very limited for a brake this small. Terminator makes the T1 but price is higher than we want to spend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Salmon River Solutions

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
It will perform very similarly to the terminator brakes. They will be Ti, and cheaper than those ones.

I don’t know if any of the terminator brakes come in a self timing version. I seem to sell a lot more of my self timing brakes. Saves people money and Time!

My X Bolt Max Long Range in 300 win mag has a stainless fluted heavy sporter barrel, threaded muzzle brake with 5/8"-24 TPI suppressor threads, My HC Speed is the same as you mentioned. I'd be interested in different brakes for both.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I bet I could sell some of these to my cousin for sure. He's got a pile of HC Speeds in different calibers and doesn't care for radial brakes. A 7mm self timing brake for a Cooper 92 would be nice as well with the small diameter barrel. Could turn that rifle into a catalog item for you lol.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

TheCougar

WKR
I’ve got a speed in 6.5 and I’d be interested if the price is right. I’d have to get my hands on it pretty quickly to get ready for season, however! What kind of timeline are you looking at?

OP
Salmon River Solutions

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I bet I could sell some of these to my cousin for sure. He's got a pile of HC Speeds in different calibers and doesn't care for radial brakes. A 7mm self timing brake for a Cooper 92 would be nice as well with the small diameter barrel. Could turn that rifle into a catalog item for you lol.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

what are the threads on that cooper?

OP
Salmon River Solutions

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I’ve got a speed in 6.5 and I’d be interested if the price is right. I’d have to get my hands on it pretty quickly to get ready for season, however! What kind of timeline are you looking at?

As far as timeline I’m at least a month out. I *can* do the cerakote myself, but I hate doing it so I’m planning on having a local guy do it. So
I’m tacking about 2 weeks on for the cerakote. And it would probably be two weeks before I could get a small run of them made. I still need to figure out what diameter I can get away with and finish the design.

Ken

Bsnyder

WKR
I’d be in for a western Hunter for the wife’s 26 nosler the browning break is junk!

OP
Salmon River Solutions

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The thread sizing will be an option for “The Muzzle” Brake that we are launching November 1st. I didn’t have enough interest to justify doing a lot of them for cerakote but that could still be an option. The new muzzle brake design is a substantial improvement on my other brakes. We have them out for reviews now.

92xj

WKR
What will the lead time be on November 1? I have a hells canyon speed 300wm that id be curious of improvement over the factory brake. I've never played in the aftermarket brake world so I apologise for the ignorant question but is this a simple replacement? Thread off factory brake and thread on your new brake?

OP
Salmon River Solutions

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The slab brake will perform quite a bit better than the radial brake they come with. The best thing in my opinion is that you avoid blowing debris all over like the radial brakes do.

WKR

WKR
Just to clarify, are you working on one for the hells canyon long range? Or just the speed?