Aftermarket Tikka Magazine PRC, SAUM, WSM platforms

Muttly

WKR
They’re coming together. We’ve got to change the front corner radius a bit. Factory bottom metals actually squeeze in .005-.010” when torqued into a variety of stocks. First mag body design slips easily into a bottom metal mag well when it’s sitting on a bench. Torque it into a stock and it binds up in half the stocks. It’s a stock inlet problem.

I’ve had factory mags bind up in both McMillan and AG stocks (just got in a few from Mesa Precision). Fixed the issue by bedding the bottom metal but we don’t want customers to have to do that to make these mags work so we’re adjusting the front corners a touch.

We’re getting closer. Have probably 70ish mags that will be in the first run of anodizing with a second run coming in 4-6 weeks after. Planning on getting a pre-order up after the holiday weekend!

1554ca2b8e25196d6d97922d9ccb44a9.jpg

275dfe9601983b0c69477342d7cd23b7.jpg

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Getting my attention..
Running Atlasworx bottom metal, factory mag in a McMillan...functional but not quite dolphin belly smooth..previous probable solution was to send it in for bedding, fit and function, etc..

If you decide to make a run of belted magnum size mags, and bottom metal, definitely interested in that..

Tbuckus

WKR

Bojangles21

Lil-Rokslider
Just ordered one for my 7saum build! Also just ordered the long action bolt stop and some bottom medal from MT, pretty excited

OP
HellsCanyon
I just noticed this thread.
Is the sale over? My 7mmWSM is needing new mags

Sorry but the sale is over at this point. I might be able to come through with a free shipping code for Rokslide members only though.

Mike

Mag functions fine in my rifle with MT bottom metal. Spring tension gets tight on 3rd round, I didn’t notice dented shoulders but will look a little closer.

After a little more looking, the shoulders do get dented on 2nd round when chambering 1st.

OP
HellsCanyon
For everybody that ordered a mag on the first go I’ve finalized a new follower and springs to retrofit your existing mags. Completely solves the hard to load 3rd round and shoulder denting issue.

Material for followers should be here any day and springs by the end of the week. Thanks for your patience :)

Mike

OP
HellsCanyon
Need some input on future anodizing. Tumbled only on bottom va tumbled then blasted on top. Tumbled only engages and disengages more smoothly due to the gloss finish. Shows some minor tooling marks but it also “mars” less. The blasted ones are matte, more grippy, but show pretty much zero tooling marks.

Which and why?

ee045c6d389877e1627f4f324cb6adac.jpg

Last edited:
The Greatest Spectacle in Motorcar Racing
For everybody that ordered a mag on the first go I’ve finalized a new follower and springs to retrofit your existing mags. Completely solves the hard to load 3rd round and shoulder denting issue.

Material for followers should be here any day and springs by the end of the week. Thanks for your patience :)

Mike

Mike,
Any closer on the fix? Thanks!

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Got replacement springs today and put them in, definately easier to put 3rds in, mag seats easier also. Only quirk on mine is the follower hangs up a tad on the 3rd round when just cycling it, a slap to it bumps it free. I am guessing the rifle recoil will rattle things sufficently but didn't test that in my basement. :p I also thought about shooting some drylube (teflon) into the mag interior to make sure its slick, thoughts Mike? Looks like between the new front spring lowered pressure and the slot for the shoulder channel in the mag its got just a tad of friction when just cycling rounds w/o a shot between.

OP
HellsCanyon
Sorry guys I lost my main employee 10 days ago and it’s a bad time of year to be short handed.

First round of replacement springs went out last week. Bagging up the remaining replacements as I type this.

Pods8
I know the follower can tip and bind up if manipulated by hand but I’ve yet to get it to bind up when cycling a bolt. If it continues to do that, I’d see if the the top of the follower edges need deburred, or you can try the graphite lube idea, if that doesn’t work then let me know and I’ll send you a whole replacement mag!

Mike