AG Composite Gen 2 Tikka Stock Review

Tullis94

WKR
How does the stock look at the forend underneath the barrel? The only tikka AG I have experience with has a pretty large gap there. It is much bigger than the clearance on the sides of the barrel.

OP
Ucsdryder

Ucsdryder

WKR
How does the stock look at the forend underneath the barrel? The only tikka AG I have experience with has a pretty large gap there. It is much bigger than the clearance on the sides of the barrel.
The gap on the underside of the barrel? I’m not sure, it never occurred to me to look at it or care about it. I’ll see if I can take a picture and post it up.

amassi

WKR
Do you happen to know if AG is going to sell these directly? Through their own website/store?
They do but you have to call or email in your order the tikka action isn't in the stock builder.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

amassi

WKR
Were you able to order directly from AG Composites or do you still have to go through a third party?
You can order directly from ag but must call in or email the order as the tikka Inlet isn't In the stock builder tool

amassi

WKR
Matt said he would get on next week.

I won’t speak for AGC but when they built my stock there was a lot more that went into it than I thought. I expected them to ask my barrel contour and send me a stock. Instead they had me take measurements every 1” down the barrel with my calipers.

I would GUESS that their stocks are more custom built than many of their competitors. Like I said, this is just a guess but the positive is the stock is custom fit to your gun versus getting “close” by having a handful of stocks on hand. I know that my barrel channel was spot on the whole way down the barrel.
This was not my experience - pam asked for action, orientation, bottom metal, barrel channel, and color.
Both stocks worked perfectly, so maybe they're the new shallower mold.
I imagine due to how poorly omr effed up your experience ag was trying to make sure they nailed it 100%.

Tullis94

WKR
The gap on the underside of the barrel? I’m not sure, it never occurred to me to look at it or care about it. I’ll see if I can take a picture and post it up.
Yes the gap underneath the barrel. It does not bother me, but when showing the rifle to others, some didn't care for it. I was just curious if the new mold was a better fit.

OP
Ucsdryder

Ucsdryder

WKR
Yes the gap underneath the barrel. It does not bother me, but when showing the rifle to others, some didn't care for it. I was just curious if the new mold was a better fit.
Here’s the underside. It was hard to get a good picture. I don’t think there is an excessively large gap.

866F3561-64C4-4FD6-8080-A35BAED64634.jpegE2F34637-0FE9-42F8-8BD5-5192A91D19C6.jpeg

OP
Ucsdryder

Ucsdryder

WKR
Finally got out and shot this weekend. Only shot 7 rounds in between coyote and pheasant hunting but everything ran well, fed well, shot well! The new stock is a winner.

5 shot group. Not sure what happened with the low one. FCCBBA80-DF10-472A-A32E-14E648D7D80A.jpeg

Made an adjustment to the elevation and put one in the black. Called it good and took her hunting! 55642139-3492-4A5C-AD03-858CB4443727.jpeg

On a side note, I officially can’t shoot a chassis. I’m not sure what it is about the pistol grip and the skeletonized stock, but it just don’t feel as stable. I can never get it to lock onto the target like the a traditional stock.

OP
Ucsdryder

Ucsdryder

WKR
Oh and got this monster! Lol!

We had 5 sits and called in dogs on 3 of them. Saw 7 total. Only managed this one. Let’s just say I was 1 for 1! 😂

BTW, the 7saum with 180eldms is NOT fur friendly!B3CFBBC1-F775-47C8-8277-313E50391486.jpeg