AG Composite stock for Christensen Ridgeline?

ndayton

WKR
Has anyone installed their Christensen Arms into an AG Composite stock. I am getting some conflicting info specifically for the bottom metal fitment (Remington BDL) that it would need shimmed as it would sit to deep in the stock.
I spoke with AG composites and they say it will work with their 700 action inlet and the only modification that they would need to do is the side bolt release.
The reason I am asking is I can get an Alpine Hunter from an online vendor and avoid the wait but I am very leery about modifying a $700 stock and would be fine waiting if it meant having it done right by AG.

So if anyone has experience with this I would appreciate your feedback.
Thanks

ChrisAU

WKR
I'd have whatever you want done by AG, but, another option would be different bottom metal. I put a Bergara B14 into an AG Composites Alpine Hunter and used M5 Hunter DBM from Hawkins Precision.

OP
ndayton

ndayton

WKR
I'd have whatever you want done by AG, but, another option would be different bottom metal. I put a Bergara B14 into an AG Composites Alpine Hunter and used M5 Hunter DBM from Hawkins Precision.
I had thought of this as well but really I want to keep it with the original bottom metal.

rijoh

FNG
I've put a Ridgeline in a Mesa Precision Altitude stock and different one in a McMillan. The Remington 700 bottom metal is slightly thicker than the CA so it indeed needs shimming to sit flush. The pillar bolt holes line up perfectly but the CA is a 1/16 inch longer so may need a tiny bit of sanding. I also had to trim the magazine box an 1/8 inch. The bolt release wasn't an issue for either rifle.

1654552631203.png

1654552598013.png
1654552671027.png

Last edited:
OP
ndayton

ndayton

WKR
I've put a Ridgeline in a Mesa Precision Altitude stock and different one in a McMillan. The Remington 700 bottom metal is slightly thicker than the CA so it indeed needs shimming to sit flush. The pillar bolt holes line up perfectly but the CA is a 1/6 inch longer so may need a tiny bit of sanding. I also had to trim the magazine box an 1/8 inch. The bolt release wasn't an issue for either rifle.
Thanks this is what I was wanting to confirm. I will reach back out to AG to see if they adjust for these differences.

What did you shim with and was there any issues with torqueing the actions screws?

rijoh

FNG
I used stainless washers. It was 1 in the front and 2 washers in the back. I did have to trim about a full thread off the front screw or it went in to high and interfered with the bolt. Once everything was dialed in, it's great. No feeding issues. The bottom metal torques against the washer against the pillar against the action. So it is the same every time - metal to metal to metal.

rijoh

FNG
The MPA stock is a 6.5 PRC. I thought of using an M5 inlet too but the factory box gives you more room than the Hawkins DBM. The McMillan is a 300 WSM. They feel balanced in the hand I prefer the larger vertical grip.

1654558738390.png

1654558682330.png

OP
ndayton

ndayton

WKR
I used stainless washers. It was 1 in the front and 2 washers in the back. I did have to trim about a full thread off the front screw or it went in to high and interfered with the bolt. Once everything was dialed in, it's great. No feeding issues. The bottom metal torques against the washer against the pillar against the action. So it is the same every time - metal to metal to metal.
Thanks for the info. Yeah I also prefer the vertical grip over the traditional sporter.