AG Composite vs McMillan

HuntnPack

WKR
I have both, the only thing I don't like about the AG is the lack of texture where you grip the stock. It almost feels chalky/smooth, pretty easy fix though.

Are you dead set on these two? Mesa Altitude stocks are pretty nice as well and around the same price.
I recently purchased a AG Alpine & it had textured forearm & grip panels as well as flush cups installed on the front & back left side (right bolt)
Also short pic rail up front.
Barreled action & BDL metal dropped in perfectly.
I liked it enough to have the textured panels added to another one that’s currently on order.

Last edited:

Flyjunky

WKR
Something to think about is that the Extreme Group bought McMillan stocks and they are producing a Rem 700 "universal" stock that is available right now on their store. I'd call them and ask them if your particular action will fit well in their universal stock. I'm glad to see them producing this stock as it will help a lot of people pick up a stock quickly.

With all that being said I bought an AG alpine hunter for my new build.

OP
S

stan5677

Lil-Rokslider
Something to think about is that the Extreme Group bought McMillan stocks and they are producing a Rem 700 "universal" stock that is available right now on their store. I'd call them and ask them if your particular action will fit well in their universal stock. I'm glad to see them producing this stock as it will help a lot of people pick up a stock quickly.

With all that being said I bought an AG alpine hunter for my new build.
Do you have a site for them

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

BDWMT

FNG
I’ve been very impressed with the few AG stocks I’ve bedded and put together. I don’t know that I’d say they are any better than McMillan but I’ve been defaulting to them for the shorter lead time. I can’t tell an accuracy difference. Great product and easy to do business with. I’m approaching a year for my last Manners order, don’t go there if you are inpatient.