AG Composites Privateer

Buck300

Lil-Rokslider
Guys that have the AG Composites Privateer, how are you liking them? Thinking of using one on a Defiance AnTI X XM 300 wsm build.

Decker9

WKR
I have one on order for my anti, it showed up last week but with the wrong barrel channel. By foundling it, it sure feels nice.

On that note, my wrong privateer is on sale (in Canada) for $600 Canadian if your looking for an XM with a huge barrel channel.

OP
B

Buck300

Lil-Rokslider
I have one on order for my anti, it showed up last week but with the wrong barrel channel. By foundling it, it sure feels nice.

On that note, my wrong privateer is on sale (in Canada) for $600 Canadian if your looking for an XM with a huge barrel channel.
Do you what barrel channel it is for?

BCsteve

WKR

Hey Ed, where did you get your AG stock from?

Decker9

WKR
I’m not sure what the cut is for, it’s the photo on the right. The other is a CAT that also is on sale at a good price due to a wrong size channel. They look to be for one of those big carbon barrels. I’m having a straight 1/2” channel cut, then having the smith open up the channel for my #1 benchmark.

Steve, I had Gary from Bighorn order all my parts for me, great guy to do business with.

5B8D09A3-038E-4590-B5FE-3DD7267F37D9.jpeg

Phil j

Lil-Rokslider
Any other pic of the stock you what to sell I might be interested

OP
B

Buck300

Lil-Rokslider
Decker is AG Composites sending you a new stock to replace there mistake?

83cj-7

WKR
My only experience with AG is like Decker. Waited way longer than quoted for my stock and it showed up with the wrong channel. They wouldn’t fix it, they said they would have to build me another and I’d have to wait the 3 months again. I was not happy! I had discounted them until recently. I found that I could order what I wanted through a rifle builder who said he would make sure it was done right. I’m waiting anxiously for them to show up.
I decided to give them a try again because my best friend has one and I absolutely love the way it feels.

OP
B

Buck300

Lil-Rokslider
My only experience with AG is like Decker. Waited way longer than quoted for my stock and it showed up with the wrong channel. They wouldn’t fix it, they said they would have to build me another and I’d have to wait the 3 months again. I was not happy! I had discounted them until recently. I found that I could order what I wanted through a rifle builder who said he would make sure it was done right. I’m waiting anxiously for them to show up.
I decided to give them a try again because my best friend has one and I absolutely love the way it feels.

Is the rifle builder Alamo Precision?

FLS

WKR
I replaced the wood stock on my 700 mountain with a Privateer. Remington mountain barrel channel and BDL bottom inlet. Came in on time and exactly as I ordered it. Fits perfectly. No complaints whatsoever. Half the time and cost less than Manners and McMillans that I’ve purchased.

tdot

WKR
I replaced the wood stock on my 700 mountain with a Privateer. Remington mountain barrel channel and BDL bottom inlet. Came in on time and exactly as I ordered it. Fits perfectly. No complaints whatsoever. Half the time and cost less than Manners and McMillans that I’ve purchased.

How was the grip on the Privateer vs the 700? I'm looking for something with more of a vertical grip then the regular 700 stock.

Decker9

WKR
Decker is AG Composites sending you a new stock to replace there mistake?

Yup they are sending a new one. The parts guy said they’d have it here in 2 weeks, this week will be the two weeks so hopefully it shows up. Not really holding me breath as the first one took just over 12 weeks to receive, with their 6-7 week quote.

FLS

WKR
The Privateer is a traditional sporter style stock. I’ve you ant a more vertical grip take a look at the Alpine Hunter.

OutdoorAg

WKR
Yup they are sending a new one. The parts guy said they’d have it here in 2 weeks, this week will be the two weeks so hopefully it shows up. Not really holding me breath as the first one took just over 12 weeks to receive, with their 6-7 week quote.

This is my experience with AG Composites.

They might make good stocks, but they dont have the CS/communication thing figured out.

Not in the least bit.

Hello,
I'm with AG and saw this post. We definitely want to be responsive and fix mistakes when we make them. We want to make sure this next stock of yours is correct. Our typical lead times are 10 weeks for fixed stocks and around 12 weeks for adjustable stocks. International orders may take longer depending on exportation. At the end of 2020 we were waiting on adjustable hardware which caused the leads times to increase but we have solved that supply channel issue. As far as fixing stocks, our warranty is we will replace and or fix stocks if there is a problem. Re-inletting a stock is always tricking because putting the stock back on the fixture in the exact same position as it was originally is near impossible so we typically make a new stock to ensure it is correct. I know none of this fixes the problem you experienced but getting feedback helps us tighten our shot group. Let me know how this next stock turns out. You can call the office and ask for Matt. I hate that you had these issues.

This is my experience with AG Composites.

They might make good stocks, but they dont have the CS/communication thing figured out.

Not in the least bit.
Hello,
This is Matt from AG. I appreciate the compliment about our stocks. As far as our communication just curious what you experienced so I can give some feedback to our CSR team so they can improve. If you can send me an email as I don't hop on these forums but every few weeks that would be great or you can call the office (1-833-AGSTOCK). [email protected] Thanks!