AG Composites Privateer

Yup they are sending a new one. The parts guy said they’d have it here in 2 weeks, this week will be the two weeks so hopefully it shows up. Not really holding me breath as the first one took just over 12 weeks to receive, with their 6-7 week quote.
Hello,
This is Matt from AG. I'm sorry to hear the stock you received was wrong. We definitely want to make sure we fix that. I'm assuming you ordered the stock through a dealer as it appears you are in Canada. In your post you said the "parts guy" said we would have it there in two weeks. With international customers we direct them to our distributors to place orders so is the parts guy you referring from our office or the distributor's office? Also, curious to know who said 6 to 7 weeks on leads times? If it is one of our guys we will correct that. We have been on 10 to 12 week lead times for over a year now. International orders can take longer depending on exportation. Anyway, just wanting to understand the situation a little better so we can learn and improve on our end and we can make sure we and our distributors are communicating correctly with everyone. Thanks!

gbflyer

WKR
Glad you came on Matt. I asked about a LH Tikka inlet on a Privateer 3 weeks ago on your website form. No reply. Grayboe replied with a personal email from a comment I left on their website within 8 hours, even though they couldn’t help me with my request. I emailed McMillan and got a phone call from Josh Deards in :30.

Your products look fantastic. I’m sure you’re suffering from a lack of raw material and staff. I totally get it. Hard to ramp up for what’s going on right now. Appreciate your coming on to talk to us.

No, Oregon Mountain Rifles. Very helpful with my order. Really took the time to make sure the order would be correct.

Glad you came on Matt. I asked about a LH Tikka inlet on a Privateer 3 weeks ago on your website form. No reply. Grayboe replied with a personal email from a comment I left on their website within 8 hours, even though they couldn’t help me with my request. I emailed McMillan and got a phone call from Josh Deards in :30.

Your products look fantastic. I’m sure you’re suffering from a lack of raw material and staff. I totally get it. Hard to ramp up for what’s going on right now. Appreciate your coming on to talk to us.
Thanks for the feedback. We want to get back to website questions and voicemails within 24 hours but it looks like we dropped the ball on yours. If you're still interested in the LH Tikka inlet on a Privateer please give Pam a call and she can get you the details. We do have distributors who handle our Tikka stocks. Our number is 1-833-AGSTOCK. Our phones ring from open to close everyday so if you get the answering machine please leave a VM. Thanks

Decker9

WKR
Hey howdy matt! Thank you for your reply’s.

I am in Canada, the parts guy I refer to is a Canadian distributer. Mistakes happen, and quote times get mixed up. I understood that mine would be put to the front of the order list due to the mistake. It’s no biggy really, it’s still a ways until sheep season. I look forward to putting it to use :)

83cj-7

WKR
Matt,
Thanks for your contributions to this thread. I anxiously await my two stocks from OMR. I really hope they turn out to be what I ordered. Like I stated before, I love the fit and feel of my friends Privateer. When I get them, I will update this thread.

bbrown

WKR
Not a privateer but a bit of feedback on the AG Alpine Hunter stock I just received. I sent an email with a few questions before ordering and received a quick reply that answered all my questions back on the same day. The provided dimensional drawings on their FAQ page helped me order the right barrel channel - almost screwed this up assuming I had the magnum sporter contour. Was quoted 10 weeks and it arrived several weeks early which was a nice surprise
The stock came in slightly underweight, dropped right in and the finish great as it should be for a stock in this price range. Curious to see how it holds up long term but I’d have no qualms ordering another one tomorrow.
EE57070A-60D4-442F-9DBD-8A880B83267E.jpeg

ChrisAU

WKR
Not a privateer but a bit of feedback on the AG Alpine Hunter stock I just received. I sent an email with a few questions before ordering and received a quick reply that answered all my questions back on the same day. The provided dimensional drawings on their FAQ page helped me order the right barrel channel - almost screwed this up assuming I had the magnum sporter contour. Was quoted 10 weeks and it arrived several weeks early which was a nice surprise
The stock came in slightly underweight, dropped right in and the finish great as it should be for a stock in this price range. Curious to see how it holds up long term but I’d have no qualms ordering another one tomorrow.
View attachment 272365

Curious as to when you ordered yours and when you got it? I’m almost at 6 weeks, just chomping at the bit haha.

jdubrr

Lil-Rokslider
I have an AG Adjustable hunter that is supposed to ship next week. Ordered December 15th, so right on time (12 Weeks)

Cargun

FNG
I've been tossing around getting a Privateer for my Weathermark as the comb is higher and I'll save some weight. I believe it's the same stock that Weatherby uses on the Backcountry? Got to handle a couple this weekend and found the stock definitely has some negatives for me.

Butt stock is good, but the comb extends far forward and pushes my thumb and palm forward. Forend is weirdly wide yet doesn't seem to offer good grip due vertical sides and really slick finish. So I'm leaning towards keeping the factory stock or looking for another lightweight option for 6 lugs.

In April 2020, I ordered an Ag Composites Visigoth stock. I dealt with Matt & Pam, and both were very helpful. I submitted my order with a few options for a Visigoth stock for my LA Bighorn SR3 action, a Wyatt’s extended 300 PRC magazine box, a Proof CF Sendero prefit barrel, a TriggerTech trigger, and a Hawkins Precision M5 Oberndorf BDL bottom metal.
The AG stock was a Perfect match, and assembly took less than 15 minutes by my smith. This rifle feels great, and I’m shooting 0.30 MOA with it.
I plan on using a Privateer in my next build. I also have a McMillan composite Adj. GW stock that I really like.
Thank you Matt for your help in getting a First Class custom stock 👍💯

Decker9

WKR
I received my privateer a few weeks back, now just waiting on the smith to do his thing. I was very impressed with the stock, so much that I ordered a alpine hunter for another defiance build. It was a hard tossup between the AH and the Visigoth.

In April 2020, I ordered an Ag Composites Visigoth stock. I dealt with Matt & Pam, and both were very helpful. I submitted my order with a few options for a Visigoth stock for my LA Bighorn SR3 action, a Wyatt’s extended 300 PRC magazine box, a Proof CF Sendero prefit barrel, a TriggerTech trigger, and a Hawkins Precision M5 Oberndorf BDL bottom metal.
The AG stock was a Perfect match, and assembly took less than 15 minutes by my smith. This rifle feels great, and I’m shooting 0.30 MOA with it.
I plan on using a Privateer in my next build. I also have a McMillan composite Adj. GW stock that I really like.
Thank you Matt for your help in getting a First Class custom stock 👍💯
If you don’t mind me asking, I’m looking hard at a Visigoth. What can you compare the comb to? Does it drop slightly? I have had a Weatherby belle and Carlson that looked like a similar comb sort of. The grip on the Visigoth looks like the perfect ergo.

im stuck between the Visigoth, Chalk Branch, and Alpine Hunter.

bmart2622

WKR
View attachment 272365
What do they call that color, is it the charcoal? Its a good looking rifle!!

I talked to AG this morning about ordering a privateer for my Tikka directly through them and they said they my gunsmith would have to place the order....?

Did you other guys have to do that have got one directly through AG?

If you don’t mind me asking, I’m looking hard at a Visigoth. What can you compare the comb to? Does it drop slightly? I have had a Weatherby belle and Carlson that looked like a similar comb sort of. The grip on the Visigoth looks like the perfect ergo.

im stuck between the Visigoth, Chalk Branch, and Alpine Hunter.
There is a slight drop in the comb, but compared to a Tikka stock, the Visigoth has a moderate rise. I also have a MacMillan Adj Stock Game Warden, and I prefer non-adjustable to adding foam and wrapping the stock comb with a ace-type wrap with silicone stripe. This mod makes for a perfect cheek weld for me.
The pistol type grip is excellent. The forehand is wide which works great for bipod mounting or offhand shooting if one doesn't have small hands.
The Chalk Branch has a bench rest design. The Alpine Hunter lacks the distinct transition to the pistol grip. I'd buy a Visigoth again. Plus I give AG Comp 5 stars for a perfect-fit CF Stock.

I talked to AG this morning about ordering a privateer for my Tikka directly through them and they said they my gunsmith would have to place the order....?

Did you other guys have to do that have got one directly through AG?
I had to contact OMR and order through them

There is a slight drop in the comb, but compared to a Tikka stock, the Visigoth has a moderate rise. I also have a MacMillan Adj Stock Game Warden, and I prefer non-adjustable to adding foam and wrapping the stock comb with a ace-type wrap with silicone stripe. This mod makes for a perfect cheek weld for me.
The pistol type grip is excellent. The forehand is wide which works great for bipod mounting or offhand shooting if one doesn't have small hands.
The Chalk Branch has a bench rest design. The Alpine Hunter lacks the distinct transition to the pistol grip. I'd buy a Visigoth again. Plus I give AG Comp 5 stars for a perfect-fit CF Stock.
Is there a thumb shelf