AG Composites Tikka Stock Review

JWP58

WKR
Dont know if you could do better. How does the grip angle compare with the factory t3x straight grip?

Tohopko

Lil-Rokslider
You know, the biggest problem with this review is that you are on the wrong side of the Cascades for me to be able to lay hands on your stock to see how it fits me :)

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Looks killer! Can’t wait to hear your review of it with the Davros which is the route I’m going with my rifles
It seems like it's going to be very versatile in the field.

I'm anxious to hear how the grip feels--angle, thickness, thumb position, etc.
Overall I would think of this as a factory stock that is lighter, and stiffer.
The angle is very similar to the factory stock. The grip is thicker than factory which I like. And, the forearm is wider.

Tohopko

Lil-Rokslider
Justin, have you felt the CTR grip? You noted wider--just wondering if it is about equal to the CTR.

archp625

WKR
Here it is. I'm really stoked how it turned out.

070955e1462bab09084f4f050b2648ae.jpg
Jealous, I don't think they are out yet for the general public. Cannot wait until they are. I beleive the said next week.

khuber84

WKR
You should be able to order the Privateer and Alpine Hunter for your Tikka very soon.
Justin, how's the comb height? Is it tight to the bolt? I usually run a stock pack or some sort of cheek riser on sporter style stocks. Wondering if they got this one high enough......

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Justin, how's the comb height? Is it tight to the bolt? I usually run a stock pack or some sort of cheek riser on sporter style stocks. Wondering if they got this one high enough......

The comb height is ok depending of course on your scope height. I'll show how it compares to the factory stock in my review which is almost complete.

RAM190Hog

Lil-Rokslider
Got an email from AGC today saying they were inletting for Tikka now, but website did not seem to reflect that. Just ordered a T3X in .30-06 and a Proof barrel. Going to evaluate the factory stock, but very interested in the privateer or carbon all terrain. Looking forward to Justins review.

I ordered and paid for an Alpine Hunter in the carbon bronze color last week for a 280 AI build I’m doing. They told me 8 weeks before it will ship

THunt

FNG
I've been looking at a company that offers the Privateer as part of an Tikka T3X upgrade package, along with a carbon fiber barrel, brake, and trigger upgrade for $1299. My hope is to create a rifle my wife and kids can shoot at elk. If I were to do the upgrade, it'd be my first foray into semi custom work. In your opinion, is the privateer stock worth it?