AG Rifle Stocks

jg1418

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Christensen ridgeline in 300 wsm. The rifle shoots good groups just hated the stock.

I purchased a AG Alpine hunter stock and absolutely LOVE IT!!!!!!!

Shooting very nice groups with the new stock. Way better than with the factory stock.

My question, should i take it a step further and bed the lug and stock???????

Would this benefit me more or just leave it alone.

This is kinda new to me on if to bed a high end replacement stock or just leave it alone.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Ucsdryder

WKR
They say you don’t need to and I have 2 and I haven’t bedded either. I don’t see how it would hurt and seems like it would only help, but so far I haven’t messed with mine.

Btw, they are AWESOME stocks and the company is top notch too!

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
If it shoots good enough I don’t mess with it. I didn’t bed mine but know other guys that compulsively bed everything. Do it if you want.

SCHUNTER73

Lil-Rokslider
I have their CAT stock and did bed mine. Getting the barrel broken in now. Don’t really know if it will help or not.

TxLite

WKR
I have a Mesa Altitude on my Tikka (made by AG) and just purchased a chalk branch for a weatherby mkv build in progress. The Tikka/Mesa is not bedded but has laid down some incredible groups - I do not intend to bed it. I dropped off my chalk branch at a smith to be bedded while the rifle is in the shop for a rebarrel. I figured if it’s going to be there for months on end I might as well have it bedded just in case. AG says it’s unnecessary though for most applications. I think if you’re getting good groups as-is, then I probably wouldn’t worry about it unless you just wanted to do it