AGC Bino modifications

Jimbob

WKR
I researched bino harnesses for awhile then watched for a deal and ended up with the AGC Hybrid from Black ovis. Check here for before mod pictures. I purchased it because it was on sale and if I didn't like anything I am fine modifying things.

Alaska Guide Creations Hybrid Bino Harness

I liked the harness for the most part but a few things bugged me

1. It was bulky and my 10x42 Trinovids had space to move around inside
2. the lid had a hook and the shock cord to close the lid was attached to the body of the bag. This makes securing the lid a bit cumbersome.

Modifications

1. remove front pocket, takes away bulk and weight
2. trim lid so that it can close tight and secure my binos better, also removes weight
3. Remove buckles on shoulder straps, lose weight and allow harness to ride higher on chest. I added plastic loop were the buckle was then a three bar slider up above.
4. Switch shock cord from body of harness to lid and add hook to the body. This way I grab the shock cord attached to lid and pull it down closing the lid and securing the cord to the hook. More efficient and functional way to close/secure lid.

Listed weight is 15.2 oz and my finished weight came in at 9.9 oz

iGczxsXl.jpg

FIKGZbel.jpg

eotf3NZl.jpg

colersu22

WKR
The lid looks really clean and it looks good without the front pocket. I was thinking of getting one without the pocket but it is nice for the rangefinder so do t know if I could give it up.

OP
Jimbob

Jimbob

WKR
The lid looks really clean and it looks good without the front pocket. I was thinking of getting one without the pocket but it is nice for the rangefinder so do t know if I could give it up.

It was bulky with the range finder in the pocket. Also it was a loud zipper to open and close it. The sig range finder case mounted perfectly on the chest strap. Much like the marsupial set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk