AGC full harness Upgrade

FlyGuy

WKR
This thread gave me an idea to change out the top buckles. I replaced the original AGC buckles with locking buckles from Kifaru a couple years ago. They worked fine, but I really don’t need 4 buckles on a bino harness. I only use one, and I didn’t like the added length of using buckles on top (I like my harness to ride as high as possible and have room for a chest rig bear pistol below it.).

Seeing the way you attached the straps gave me the idea. Since I can’t sew I rigged up a simple system with a couple of kifaru parts (I think they are called K-clips? The black plastic thingies) and the existing ladder locks.
69b15d11621c873dc99af0df519180db.jpg

You can’t cheat the mountain

as.ks.ak

WKR
I did my own little rendition to this mod. Really happy with it. Super amateur sewer, but no shame here, it’ll hold!

233091f3d2cdb48867b5bc56f136eff9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went ahead and swapped out my top buckles on my AGC with ladderloc split bars. I liked the j hooks, but they always came undone. I still have locking buckles on the side straps and one of those might go at some point, but I am still playing with pouches, etc.

Coyote188

FNG
Its not their harness that's heavy.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Agreed, I wasn't looking to reduce weight, just was not a fan of their original harness. Like the OP, I thought it was overkill and had been planning on a DIY harness to replace it. Maybe they should have named it the KISS harness instead of Ultralight?

Now, if someone can tell me where I can buy Duraflex SJ Gatekeeper Tensionlocks for 1" webbing, I will be all set.

For those running either the ultralight harness or the marsupial harness, do you find it takes some pressure off the neck. One challenge.i have is the bino harness pulling down and causing the harness to pull in my neck.

Wondering if either of those harnesses would alleviate that pressure.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Coyote188

FNG
I was always adjusting the original harness to keep it from pulling into the back of my neck.

With the ultralight harness, the square patch of material stays between my shoulder blades and does not move. No issues with it putting any pressure on my neck like the original. The marsupial looks like it would solve the same issue.

ChrisAU

WKR
Agreed, I wasn't looking to reduce weight, just was not a fan of their original harness. Like the OP, I thought it was overkill and had been planning on a DIY harness to replace it. Maybe they should have named it the KISS harness instead of Ultralight?

Now, if someone can tell me where I can buy Duraflex SJ Gatekeeper Tensionlocks for 1" webbing, I will be all set.

Is there a weight savings though? I need to weigh my standard at lunch.