AGC Harness Fitting - Straps Too Big?

jmsdad

Lil-Rokslider
I switched out to the Marsupial Gear harness last season. It's way better, being slimmer and more refined. The thing I disliked about the AGC harness is that it's so wide and using it early season with a T shirt on, it irritates the back of my neck and chin

OP
psirus7

psirus7

WKR
I swapped out the AGC straps today with the Marsupial straps and as you guys had said, it sits a lot higher feels perfect. The ranger greens match between the Marsupial straps and AGC Harness. Thanks for the recommendation!

Shraggs

WKR
I’m actually one who now wears my harness down lower! I’m a dude. Ha. I prefer my side arm in a shoulder rig and needed it lower for good access to gun. I also found that ranging a target, the harness in the lower position I can rest my elbow on the harness. If I rigged gun on bottom harness then I would run it high tho

OP
psirus7

psirus7

WKR
Interesting Shraggs. You don't have any issues with your pistol bumping your arm or your bugle tube bumping your nuts?

Shraggs

WKR
No not at all. I’ve worn pistols in many places and you get used to it. Shoulder wear is different sensation and you know it’s there for certain, mainly on the bicep if set up well. Also the handle must be out enough from the body so it is accessible. Which usually leaves mostly the barrel between body and bicep. I’m very fast drawing from a shoulder rig.

Running agc up was in conflict with my natural arm movement to retrieve gun, so I lowered it as I love both systems for me. I do still need to reach over the Agc a little but a good overall compromise. I’ve never got the gun handle get caught on bush. That is a s&w airlite in 38 for Colorado. If big bears I run same setup with either glock 20 or s&w 629. Both are much larger and handle is more pronounced but sensation on the arm is pretty similar since it’s only the barrel. Glock is the thickest, but love this type of carry hunting.

Bugle is a temp hang from agc with clip during call sequence. Don’t walk with it there! Thankful it’s pretty light should it hit things unexpectedly!

Sniff

Lil-Rokslider
Here are some pictures of my AGC pouch using the Marsupial harness and Kifaru K Clips. You can get this setup very high on your chest if that’s what your looking for.

69d194609bcb73dc39b7ef2f5800b819.jpg
f3087c022e58fd95fc96c9439f7edacd.jpg
c29f4a3f9e7982dc08450870fd6a3ae7.jpg
When you do the switch do you have to cut the original clips off the ACG? Or does the marsupial have the ability to clip in and go?

JDB9818

WKR
When you do the switch do you have to cut the original clips off the ACG? Or does the marsupial have the ability to clip in and go?

I initially changed out the AGC buckles for the locking ones from Kifaru and I believe I had to cut the originals off. When I swapped out to the Marsupial I didn’t have to do that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
psirus7

psirus7

WKR
The 2019 AGC Harness with the Autolocking buckles was "clip-in and go" with the Marsupial straps.

Can some one post some pics of the changes they made?

I run an agc and it hanging low is annoying to me and I would love to have it riding higher.

FlyGuy

WKR
Pretty sure you can get a lot more vertical adjustment with their ultralite harness. I just ordered one to try out.

bce2cfdbc3f0161af7c45b543d6bcf3b.jpg

You can’t cheat the mountain