AGC harness question

snowplow

WKR
I'm doing a little research. For those of you running them, what model did you go with (kiss, hybrid, Kodiak cub, classic, Denali) and with or without the lower max pocket?

Thanks this will be real helpful to me!

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

I ran the classic with the max pocket for my 12x50’s for the first time last season. I bought the add on pouches for the range finder and the tech pouch to carry the full size InReach.
I like to carry a lot of stuff on my chest for when I drop the pack.

dissappointments:
The pockets are not big enough and I don’t have a satisfactory attachment point for my knife.
The attachment points for the accessory pockets are not ideal, seem awkward.

the good:
My 12x50’s fit and carry well.
I’m able to carry range finder in side pouch.
Pretty much able to carry everything else I want in the pockets.

KISS for my 10x42. Side pockets are big enough for windicator and chapstick.
CUB for my 10x42. Side pockets same size. Front pouch, my kids like to put their snacks in there. Could put a cell phone, game calls, etc., as well.

FWIW: I like the KISS. Smaller more compact. Windicator in one side pocket, chapstick in the other side pocket, game calls in the top pouch. Key, license, tags in the rear pocket.

Drenalin

WKR
I got the Kodiak Cub with Max pocket for 8x42 and 10x42 binos. Had the classic before and it was a little too big for the 8x42s. I like the Kodiak size a lot better. I could’ve done without the Max pocket; I haven’t figured out a real use for it. If I had a smaller tripod adapter, it would be great for that and a lens cloth. The side pockets hold windfloaters and a headlamp.

I started running the Kodiak Cub Max last season and it has worked well for me. 10x42's fit great, keep my rangefinder in the front pocket, bino adapter, lens cloth, head lamp and wind checker in the side pockets, inReach in the max pocket, tags in the back, phone and diaphragms in the elastic stretch pockets on top. There's room left over for some small snacks as well in the max pocket.

pc3

WKR
I will be running he hybrid for my 10x42's no max pocket......this model just has a couple mesh pockets. Yet to lay eyes on it, it's on the way with my bino's (meostar 10x42's).

I do note the hybrid gets little mention.

Kgentry

Lil-Rokslider
I’m running the classic and have for a couple of years. I don’t have experience with any other brands but this works well for me.

zacattack

WKR
I got the classic with pocket this year and must say it does have a lot of room. I have some 12x vortex’s and they fit with plenty of room.

Rock-o

WKR
My desire for a binocular pack is new; my yet-to-be purchased binoculars will need the Classic. I haven't decided on the M.A.X. pocket. Regardless, I'll use the standard harness that comes with it. I do not want/need the extra size of the Denali.

Having said that, I'm trying to hold out to see the new enclosed Marsupial design.

I just upgraded my harness from an alps outdoorz harness to the agc kodiak CUB max. So far its great. Im running nikons prostaff 3s and they are only 8x42s so they fit perfectly. pockets on the side fit a windchecker bottle and mouth reed calls. the cell phone pocket on top fits my iphone 8 with the case on it very nicely. we'll see what happens when i upgrade my binos

Justin_the_EDG

Lil-Rokslider
Personally went with a Classic w/Max. Like the ability to keep a lot of gear handy without needing to pack my cargo pockets full. Wish I'd gone to a Cub as I think I've settled on 10x42s in the long run after thinking I would go with 12x50 on my chest. Really dislike the ride of the actual harness (should be called a belly pack, not a chest pack).

KBC

WKR
I can’t remember the model but it fits my Nikon 10x42s, has the two mesh side pockets and the extra front and bottom pocket.
I got the one with the two extra pockets so I could ditch the hip belt pockets on my exo k2. Those things drove me nuts, no matter where I put them on the belt my arm’s would always rub against them.