AGC vs FHF vs Marsupial.

Looking at getting a new chest rig. Thoughts on these three options? I am leaning toward the AGC or the FHF but the Marsupial certainly isn't out of the question. TIA.

marktole

WKR
I have had a FHF for two years and really like it. It's a low profile, no frills kind of thing, not a bunch of extra space for things I don't deem necessary in a bono harness. I tried an AGC and didn't like it. It didn't ride the same on my chest, thought it was too bulky, and didn't like the zippered side pockets. The Marsupial I have never actually tried, but my buddy has one and seems to like it. I like the forward opening lid on it and the quiet snap magnet to fold it down and out of your way if your binos are going in and out a lot.

Good thing is if you try one and don't like it you could probably sell it on here pretty quick and try a new one.

The muley freak is similar to those.
I'd like to get that and a marsupial side by side.
Lots of good choices and just comes down to what fits your style the best I think.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
The muley freak is similar to those.
I'd like to get that and a marsupial side by side.
Lots of good choices and just comes down to what fits your style the best I think.
Where are you at mtnrunner? I'd like to check out the muleyfreak harness I have a marsupial

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

N2TRKYS

WKR
I tried the AGC and hated its bulkiness. I then tried a FHF and loved it. I've never tried the other one.

weaver

WKR
It's all about what works for you. I've used FHF,Kuiu and AGC. I prefer the AGC but they all work.

ChrisC

Lil-Rokslider
For those who say the AGC is too bulky,
What model did you try? I'm wondering if the AGC KISS profile is similar to the FHF

dble07

Lil-Rokslider
I think a Rokslide bino harness review is in order. Any volunteers​ to review? I'd like to see Marsupial, Muley Freak, AGC, FHF, Kuiu, Sitka. Pretty much a bino harness shootout.

I think a Rokslide bino harness review is in order. Any volunteers​ to review? I'd like to see Marsupial, Muley Freak, AGC, FHF, Kuiu, Sitka. Pretty much a bino harness shootout.

I like that idea.
I've got the muley freak and kuiu. Dad has sitka I could use.

Pretty much a bino harness shootout.

In consideration of how much we love our optics on this site, I'm a little surprised that this has happened already. I agree with dble07, it's time for this to happen!

I have three of the FHF harnesses and have been very happy with them.

There have been many review, shootout type threads on bino' harness' already.

I have a AGC in tru timber with the simple tie type tethers strings. I like it quite a bit. It is not overly bulky and fits my 8x42 Talons really well. I like the simple tethers on it the best. Just tie a simple sq. knot and binos are connected. And easily dis-connected.

I also have a med. FHF that is also very good. I like them both about the same. The FHF is slightly flatter. The simple tether system on the AGC is great. Not sure they still use it. But they and FHF should in my opinion.

Both are USA made and are quality gear and companies.

Tsnider

WKR
i think its a matter of what you really want. i got the FHF from a member on here once, and resold it the next day. i got the AGC and absolutely love it. its a matter of if you want a simple bino harness, or a chest pack.

i like the idea of having a few essentials mounted to me. all the pockets is something i wanted. some guys want the exact opposite.

i used the bivy style from tenzing as my first bino harness and that thing was horrible. i think its similar to how the KUIU is. but the tenzing wasnt thought out well at all. maybe the KUIU versions are better, but i wont use a bivy style again.

wncbrewer

Lil-Rokslider

I would add the mystery ranch harness to that list as well. My bow shop just got some in and they look pretty slick. I have been happy with my AGC but I've never used any other the others.

For those who say the AGC is too bulky,
What model did you try? I'm wondering if the AGC KISS profile is similar to the FHF

It's not exactly. I had a small "KISS" for a couple years. It's more compact than the regular one, but still feels relatively large IMO. The shape is more rounded and it had lots of air around my 10x42 binos so it doesn't lay as flat as the FHF. Worked fine, but I eventually sold it because I really prefer as little on my chest as possible.

FlyGuy

WKR
Yeah, I think they are all very good, it's just a matter of matching up their unique features with your personal preferences. I ran an AGC last season, the one with just a basement pocket and web pockets in the side. I really liked it, but my bino's squeaked going in and out. Not sure if that was due to the skin on my binos (Vortex Talons) or the fabric inside the harness, but it drove me crazy. Wished it was forward opening too, but it was the squeaking i couldnt deal with. I just ordered the muley gear harness last week. Hasn't arrived yet but looks like it will do the trick for me. I also just upgraded my bino's, so I'll report back once everything arrives.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

NHRedleg

Lil-Rokslider
I have an AGC that I really love, no complaints at all. When I got it I was considering the FHF as well, but Black Ovis was having a sale on AGC so pulled the trigger on that one with no regrets. I was coming from an S4 Gear harness that I liked okay, but wanted more coverage/protection. And before that one an Uncle Mike's style that I didn't like due to no coverage/protection and the bouncing on my chest from the elastic harness. The others all look pretty good too. I like the modularity of the Marsupial being a fly fisherman but for myself personally would rule it out due to the magnet closure as I am still an old school compass user and while I suspect they wouldn’t really be a problem I avoid them just in case and for my own piece of mind. I like the looks of the MuleyFreak as well, though I would like to see a picture on their site with it in the open position and see how it stays closed. Lots of great choices out there. Good luck.

OP
S
I want more of a pack for if i ever drop my pack on a stalk and need the bare essentials. Thats why the AGC is at the top of my list.

Fatcamp

WKR
I bought my wife an FHF, she did not like it. Bought her an AGC to replace it and she is very happy with it. She really likes the strap setup. I have the FHF now, bought a rangefinder pouch for it, and don't leave home without it.