Aiders for Lone Wolf sticks?

Remhunter

FNG
Anybody using aiders for Lone Wolf sticks? All of the aiders I'm seeing for sale are for double step sticks. Wondering what people are using for the single steps?

Vrybusy

Lil-Rokslider
Did you try looking at Eastern Woods Outdoors? They have several versions. of aiders Also, search on ETSY, there are a few different vendors selling various amsteel aiders. I have some amsteel that has a single point attachment. I think The Amsteel Guy is where who I purchased it from (ETSY). I also just recieved one (another vendor off of ETSY - cannot recall the name at this time) that has a single point attachment - more like a heavy duty 550 cord.with a rubber tube for footing. Both aiders provide options for attaching to various sticks.

I used the cable aiders from Eastern Woods Outdoors with the original single steps last year. The cable aiders pack up pretty nice and stay open so it makes them pretty easy to use once you get used to it. I was able to cut my sticks down to like 17-18" but with the cable aiders they are actually a bit longer than a full length lone wolf stick so no loss in climb height.

55E1D40D-7873-468F-8250-8315D5252FE6.jpeg1FDE3831-3BA1-4B86-9692-AE8C37D5CF71.jpeg
First picture shows them all finished up minus moving the versa button. Second picture shows when I was playing with where to cut. I ended up just cutting right below the middle step, moving the Versa button up a bit and attaching the cable aider to the bottom step bolt. Gained a couple inches over the factory length stick with the aider but lost a ton of bulk.

I run a movable aider made of 1" webbing that loops over the top of the stick. It should work on almost any climbing stick.

fatlander

WKR
Anybody using aiders for Lone Wolf sticks? All of the aiders I'm seeing for sale are for double step sticks. Wondering what people are using for the single steps?

Sent you a PM about aiders. I’ve got some of the LWCG that I’d part with if you’re interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spar84

FNG
I use the LWCG aiders & imo the metal cables are great for retaining shape & sticking off the tree enough to step easily but they are a bit heavier than other options out there like eastern woods outdoors.

Bigboone1988

Lil-Rokslider
My favorite aiders are cable aiders from eastern woods outdoors. LWCG make similar aiders.

They are easy to get your feet in and pack up nicely. Plus they don’t move when the wind is blowing

Macintosh

WKR
Just go online and get yourself 20 or 30 feet of black 6 mm nylon assessory cord. Cut yourself 3 foot or 40 inch lengths, try it out to see what length is right. Tie an overhand knot with three or 4 inch tails, weld it tight, loop it over the stand-off on the bottom of the stick, and tie another knot to hold it in place. You can experiment with placing the top knot off to the side, in order to avoid the knot being between the sticks when you stack them.
You’re done, and this is lighter, easier to pack and a lot cheaper than any of the store-bought solutions. You can slide it through an 8 inch section of 11/16” tubular webbing, or any of a dozen other things if you want something to keep it open for your foot.

Last edited:

cdenn

FNG
I made my own w/amsteel and pex tubing. Wound up being cheaper and easier than I thought it would be.