Air mattress question.

Have been using the BA Aircore for a few season, and poped a Termarest Neo Air a year before that. Both isulated. When the temp drops I noticed I get the chills. Have a Marmont Heluium bag. Then I tried putting my clothes between the mattress and my self. No more chills. I know, it makes sense!! Put something between you and a pad with air that gets as cold as the outside air, or sucks it up from the ground. Just wondered if any one else has noticed this.

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I had not thought of that. I usually just put on my first layer of clothing to take any chills away. Sometimes I only need to put on socks as that seems to get cold before anything else. Your concept seems pretty logical though and I may try it as I would prefer not to wear my first layer clothes in my bag.

I don't tend to get cold seep with my BAIAC pad till around 0degr or so. When I think the temps are going to be that low I carry a foam insulating pad that I place under the air pad, it really increases the R value.

Tookeymonster

Lil-Rokslider
from what I understand from a video that I watched on here, is that they put a thermarest foam pad on the ground and then the air mattress an it helps with comfort and adds R value.