Air rifle

Ogrenerd

Lil-Rokslider
I know it's not a "firearm" not sure where else to post.

Looking for info on air rifles.

Seems like they are all over the map.

Primary use, hunting small game.
Most important aspect, accuracy.

I know the price range on these is extreme. I'd prefer to stay under 200. What do you all recommend, what caliber and where would you buy?

Last edited:
I'd like a pump in .22 myself. Thinkin Benjamin.
That's what I'd go with. I got a Benjamin for my eighth birthday and probably put 5,000 shots through it. When I was 12, I could shoot through the eye of a pop can tab at 20 yards without knocking the can over.

FLAK

WKR
When I was a kid I had a Crossman .177 I've killed countless squirrels and rabbits with.
Had a buddy with a Benjamin in .22,,,that thing was deadly.

RogerNH

FNG
I've had my Gamo Whisper Velocity 1200 (.177) for over 10 years. Still shoots great and is deadly accurate. I've replaced the scope it came with. Used it on squirrels and chipmunks.

Thinking of adding a .22 to the arsenal.

Stefan

Lil-Rokslider
I like the old break actions. Back in the 80's we were getting 1010fps with target pellets out of my dads Weihrauch HW80.

My dad thought it was fun to drill a rabbit through the ears with it.

RWS 34
I’ve got one in .22 and it’s fairly accurate.
.177’s are going to be more accurate. Find a .177 springer that shoots 900 FPS +- and you can handle any small game out to 40-50 yards.

Two Roads

Lil-Rokslider
Plenty within your budget. I am one of those who tried to wear out a Crossman 22 pump as a kid. If 8 strokes was good, 10 were better. Smoked rabbits and pest birds non stop. Still have it but as an adult, I upgraded to a RWS 54.

it is the real deal, single side stroke and scoped. With trajectory chart and Harris bipod, you can do amazing things out to 100 yards. Lots of fun. For OP, I would track down a nice used one.