Airless paint sprayer

Does anybody use one that they like? I have been reading reviews and everyone I have checked out has a bunch of "don't buy this CLOGGER" crap.

I am building a house with a lot of wood beams and need it to spray stain, not necessarily paint.

mtnkid85

WKR
Graco or Titan are both top pro brands.
If your not doing production work than the little Graco 395 or the Titan 440 would be great machines for you that will last a lifetime if you take care of them.
I wouldn't bother with any of the home owner grade stuff.

Are you just spraying the beams or are you finishing trim work as well? Stain with a lacquer topcoat?
Ive been in the paint trades for 15 years.

Rookie

FNG
I agree with everything mntkid said. Been in the business for a long time and use graco daily, titan makes a good sprayer too.

OP
weekender7
THANKS for the replies, I will check out the Graco 395 as suggested.
It will just be stain with no lacquer top coat. I will first be spraying beams but then I will be spraying the whole exterior as it has board and batten siding. I will not be doing production work, just my house build and will have little use for the sprayer other than house exterior maintenance.

kiddogy

WKR
THANKS for the replies, I will check out the Graco 395 as suggested.
It will just be stain with no lacquer top coat. I will first be spraying beams but then I will be spraying the whole exterior as it has board and batten siding. I will not be doing production work, just my house build and will have little use for the sprayer other than house exterior maintenance.
in that case ,I agree , graco 395 aught to work for you. imo it is a little small for big jobs but should be fine for your purpose.
Does anybody use one that they like? I have been reading reviews and everyone I have checked out has a bunch of "don't buy this CLOGGER" crap.

I am building a house with a lot of wood beams and need it to spray stain, not necessarily paint.
most homeowners are pretty dumb about paint. whatever you spray run some of the solvent you clean up with through machine first.

after you spray your stain clean up with paint thinner (or whatever solvent the product calls for) then before you spray latex paint , make sure you run water through the hose first to get any residue paint thinner out. if you last sprayed latex and are going to now spray oil, run paint thinner through hose first to get all water out don't do this and there is a good chance it could clog.

also if there are dried chunks in your paint, STRAIN IT!

one other tip with your new machine, run some paint thinner through it before you try any paint .graco generally recommends doing this

most" clogger crap" has less to do with the machine then the idiot running it.

Rich M

WKR
If you were doing a deck I'd tell you to use a 2-gallon garden sprayer - works great for stain and water treatment.

Had a wagner power painter back int he day and it worked great. Then got a $150 Harbor Freight painter thing - dip the hose int he paint and go to town. Worked great. Just make sure to clean it very well if you paln on using it again. Mine seized up somewhere after couple 5 years of unuse.

Last edited: