Airline travel Duffle

eamyrick

WKR
I just flew all of my stuff up to Alaska in a large LL Bean. For the durability and weight it was hard to beat and kept all of my gear protected.

Just got back from Alaska as well. I used cabelas largest dry bag duffle to put my backpack in (with all my stuff in it). It made it and worked, but was worse for the wear and tear.
Shoulder strap tore loose on one side and has several small holes and scuffs from the beating an airline gives it. It did it’s job I needed it to. Was like $40ish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. It’s worth a small investment if I can get multiple trips out of it.

If you don’t mind making the investment, I’d go with the Sitka rolling bag. By buddy that went with me on that trip had one. It was awesome. Very easy and comfortable to use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mtnboy

WKR
I’ve had good luck with Ogio travel stuff.

last I knew they made a variety of duffles/rollers etc.

thegrouse

Lil-Rokslider
If you don’t want to spend a ton of money check your local surplus store. I like the Patagonia Black Hole but they are expensive

Trr15

WKR
I’ve been using basecamp duffles from The North Face for years. Have a couple that are over 10 years old and have taken a ton of abuse. They’re solid bags.

LightFoot

WKR
Been using Kuiu Taku 9000 for a few years and probably 10 airline trips. Still holding up and paid for itself. Like a previous post, I put my loaded pack in it for the trip out, but break everything down for the trip back.... usually.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

22lr

WKR
I've used an Osprey airport duffle for 6 years. Only used in on maybe a half dozen flight, but its perfect. Also helps your bag blend into the backpacker crowd flow more than some of the higher end ones. Super cheap, very handy, very durable, not made in China (Vietnam).

Edit; adding that I have the medium and it fits my SG sky archer, with foam pad and tent strapped to the outside.

Stone Glacier Duffels are by far my favorite. The RTIC bags aren’t bad either and reasonably priced.

Eagle Creek is nice. I’ve got about 50k miles in the air this year with mine. It’s smaller than what you want but I’ve been happy with several years of using one. Check them out and see if the reviews hold up.

DLIP

Lil-Rokslider
I have this one. It’s traveled to Alaska, Montana, Nevada and California on an airplane. It’s awesome.