AK draw results

Wildwillalaska

Lil-Rokslider
Nice! Hope it all wasn’t from me—still no recollection and that photo doesn’t help. Granted, prolly don’t want to see one that does.

A gal that I work with just told me about her husband being all excited when he found out that he drew a sheep tag. They just completed their first year in Alaska and this was his first time putting in for Alaska tags. I looked up his name and found out that he drew DS102 (TMA). I explained to her why he was so excited and that he had every right to be, but she said that it made no difference because she was not going to allow him to go. Apparently, she just recently found out that she is pregnant and due on Aug. 5. So, in her words "There's no way in hell my husband will be going on a hunt this year!" The first thing that came to my mind was the opening line in an old Lauretta Lynn song "Our D.I.V.O.R.C.E. becomes final today."

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
A gal that I work with just told me about her husband being all excited when he found out that he drew a sheep tag. They just completed their first year in Alaska and this was his first time putting in for Alaska tags. I looked up his name and found out that he drew DS102 (TMA). I explained to her why he was so excited and that he had every right to be, but she said that it made no difference because she was not going to allow him to go. Apparently, she just recently found out that she is pregnant and due on Aug. 5. So, in her words "There's no way in hell my husband will be going on a hunt this year!" The first thing that came to my mind was the opening line in an old Lauretta Lynn song "Our D.I.V.O.R.C.E. becomes final today."

Age Rings > Wedding Rings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kids ruin everything!

Gadjet

Lil-Rokslider
LOL! That's funny stuff! I guess a guy needs to do a little math and think about when hunting season falls when they're in the heat of the moment! 😬

LOL! That's funny stuff! I guess a guy needs to do a little math and think about when hunting season falls when they're in the heat of the moment! 😬
I can't stress this enough to my buddies! I'm primarily a Kansas whitetail hunter and my first was born on November 12th! Damn Valentine's day.

sklobe25

FNG
My buddies and I made a pact to not check results until 5pm, Friday, at the bar. A third party (my wife) looked up each of our results and put them in separate, labeled envelopes.
At 5:01pm everyone took a tequila shot and opened their envelopes. All got a sad owl...except my envelope had a picture of a Dall sheep inside (!!!)
So, I order another round(s) of tequila for the group....now, no more tequila until late August.
IMG_3372_2.jpg
IMG_3374_2.jpg
IMG_3378.jpg

Wildwillalaska

Lil-Rokslider
That’s good stuff on the reveal. And while I’m never one to encourage divorce—even though it’s good for my business model—I have to sadly admit it typically seems easier to find a new wife in today’s age than draw another TMA tag. I’d be on the horn with my mother, mother-in-law, sisters etc trying to formulate a plan to make the hunt happen and have bases covered on the home front—at least for an abbreviated trip. I can see delaying a week if baby came late, but not a sheep prohibition.

All that said, have to admit my wife wasn’t super pleased with my remote 2011 moose hunt, and at least my daughter did her part and came a week late—which sure helped avoid issues of birthdays and moose camp not aligning every year. Don’t use me as an example though—misses pretty understanding, she let me go on a sheep hunt vs the trip we had originally planned for our 10th anniversary.

Schism

WKR
My buddies and I made a pact to not check results until 5pm, Friday, at the bar. A third party (my wife) looked up each of our results and put them in separate, labeled envelopes.
At 5:01pm everyone took a tequila shot and opened their envelopes. All got a sad owl...except my envelope had a picture of a Dall sheep inside (!!!)
So, I order another round(s) of tequila for the group....now, no more tequila until late August.
View attachment 157174
View attachment 157175
View attachment 157176

I hope your wife doesn't work with AK Troutbum and is due to have a baby in August!