AK moose hunting

HuntinMD

FNG
Anyone one have an AK moose hunting planner they can recommend? We lost Micheal S. What a loss to all of us!

AKDoc

WKR
Anyone one have an AK moose hunting planner they can recommend? We lost Micheal S. What a loss to all of us!
Amen...rest in peace Mr Strahan.

If I needed a hunting planner, I'd reach out to Larry Bartlett. He is without doubt booked years out into the future, but I'd get his recommendations for other planners...he's earned my trust and respect.

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Hey Kevin. I am happy to fill in any gaps you may have been stuck with considering Mike's untimely death. He'd likely appreciate me passing the torch in that way. If he started your plan or got you headed in a direction, feel free to contact me privately with any area-sensitive questions (not here though please). However, if you hadn't started a plan with Mike and just need to start from scratch with a Planner, I won't be able to help you reach a new spot until 2025/26. But as a lead, I'd call Billy Molls and pick his brain. I trust his footprint.

Secondly, just a reminder that IF you want an alternative to a Hunt Planner, consider an air Transporter. That option would save you THOUSANDS for a "where-to-go" plan. Transporters can tell hunters where to go and what to expect and things like that. An air taxi operator cannot. The easiest way to quickly tell if an air service operator is a Transporter or Air Taxi is by reviewing their website. If they are marketing hunting services with per person rate or packages, etc. they are very likely Transporters. An Air Taxi operator will usually have hourly rates listed online and nothing about hunt packages. You should always ask eventually, but researching online is quicker to narrow a list of call backs.

Think of a Hunt Planner as the marketing connection for air taxi operators who legally cannot market to hunters and cannot charge higher rates during hunting season. A Transporter can charge as much as the market will pay for the exact same service IN and OUT of the same area.

That's a lot of info to chew on. It's is a helpful topic though so feel free to post your questions here vs PM.