AKEK Backpack Giveaway - We Are Back!

AKEK

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
3/4/22 update. Thanks to everyone for entering for the chance to review an AKEK pack. All the winners have been chosen and the packs are shipping. Watch the Rokslide Backpack forum in the next few weeks as the member reviews start to roll in. Thanks again.

Rokslide Members,

First, we would like to thank the many that gave us valuable feedback a few weeks ago!

Thanks to your feedback, we are aiming to have our packs be 100% USA made by year end! For all the fine print and previous questions asked see the bottom of this post.

We honored our past Rokslide giveaway (it's in his hands now) and we are doing another! Please comment stating you want a complimentary pack and we will select 5 winners during the next 7 days. Our goal is to have more Rokslide members review our pack. FYI Sam (@realunlucky) is going to do a cliff test for us soon!

Note: The load lifters in the video might look a little flat but we promise they do adjust properly

Visit our website HERE for the specs and details for the pack.

----------------------------

We would like to answer as many questions up front, so we can move forward and not backwards. We want your help creating an even better pack in the USA.

Question and Answers:

1) Where are your packs made? - Currently our packs and frames are being made in China.

2) Is your existing frame and pack listed on Alibaba? - The exact frame can be found and purchased on Alibaba, but it won’t be covered by any warranty. The pack itself cannot be found on Alibaba. A stripped-down replica can be found, but it has some quality control issues and is truly a different pack and design.

3) So exactly what is the difference between our pack and the one on Alibaba? - Several things actually. Our pack comes with: YKK waterproof zippers, Bigger zippers, More pockets on the inside and outside, Detachable daypack, 2 separate shelves, Extra straps to secure loads on the outside and of course our Lifetime Warranty. Our bag took over a 1 year to design, and to ensure there were no quality control issues.

4) Do you really have plans to be made in the USA? - We have researched and contacted over 30 USA companies to make our pack and frame. We signed a contract last week for the carbon fiber frames (see it on our website soon), so that is a done deal! Estimated lead time for these are 2 months. For the bags, we have 5 different sewing companies evaluating them right now. We expect answers on this soon.

5) How are you planning to move forward? - We are excited to have all our packs and frames produced in the USA, but until then, we are offering 30% off our current pack. And we are covering them with our lifetime warranty! If something breaks, we will replace it for free. Our existing pack is truly a high-quality product. We have sent the current frame to experts in the USA for stringent testing on strength and build quality, including burn tests. It is definitely a high quality frame that should last a lifetime. But we believe our USA frame will be even better.

6) Will your frame and belt fit me? - Our frame is 25" tall and should fit "most" people perfectly, especially with the available adjustments. We are considering producing a larger frame to accommodate the big guys out there. We’d love to hear from you on things like this before we move forward. The belt will fit waist sizes 28in to 38in about right. It will adjust bigger than this, but the side pockets are farther back than some would like. We are creating a larger belt option that will fit our old and new packs. If you need a larger belt for your current pack, we’ll be happy to swap it out when available.

7) Can you tell us more about your pricing structure? AKEK plans to keep our pricing structure the same. We believe our packs are made of the highest quality materials available. However, until we move complete production to the USA, we will continue offering our packs for a 30% discount, making it available for only $399.00. Please enter ROK for the discounted code. Once our new packs and frames come to market, this discount will fade away, and final pricing will be listed on our web page.

8) Can you tell us more about AKEK? We are a group of friends that love hunting and love the outdoors. In early 2021 we decided to get together and create the ultimate backpack. We considered features we liked from other packs, and figured out how to combine them into one. We are a growing business, and we have great investors encouraging us along. AKEK investors are located in Utah and Montana. AKEK’s headquarters will likely end up in the state of Montana.

We look forward to hearing from you. Please help us move forward.

AKEK

Last edited by a moderator:

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
I appreciate you taking the lumps and having the intestinal fortitude to retool and come back.
I’d be up for giving a fair and accurate pack eval and be able to tell you guys if it’s “Marine proof” or not 💪🇺🇸

Welcome back

Ram94

WKR
Welcome back! I would be interested in a complimentary pack and giving it an honest review after some Alberta abuse 🇨🇦

Last edited:
Nice looking pack! I would love a complimentary pack to review! Thanks for the opportunity.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Good on ya for moving production to the USA and please add me to the list for a complimentary pack.

Eddie

sndmn11

WKR
I'd give one a try.

I didn't read through your answers to questions, but I am happy to read the first paragraph or two. I'm glad @robby denning has the patience to put up with all us yahoos and keep forum sponsors around through all of our criticisms.

bj00pb

FNG
I would like a complimentary pack to try out. I've packed all my gear away for the season.... but I'd be glad to pull it out to give a new pack a good test run. Hiking season is upon us!!

The_Yetti

Lil-Rokslider
I'd like to give the pack a try, and kudos to you guys for taking all the lumps, listening to the criticism and making changes. Says a lot about you guys!

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I'd give one a try.

I didn't read through your answers to questions, but I am happy to read the first paragraph or two. I'm glad @robby denning has the patience to put up with all us yahoos and keep forum sponsors around through all of our criticisms.

Ha ha. I learned a long time ago in business never to completely ignore your critics, sometimes they’ve got some good insight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good for you coming back after the initial interaction - that is definitely respectable! Best wishes as you develop your business! Happy to test one

I’m happy to see you came back and addressed your detractor’s concerns. I’ve sourced, imported and distributed import products before and understand the challenges involved. Transparency and listening to feedback is crucial and I think this new approach is the correct one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk