AKEK Pack - Arguably The Best New Pack Around - What's Your Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stonewall

WKR
Same photo on their site and that alibaba site.
Screen shots from both sites.
View attachment 379224View attachment 379226I
I’d say there’s a strong possibility that China stole their design. After all, China has a reputation of doing that very thing. They very intentionally steal intellectual property of American companies. that’s the risk of farming out production over there

bigW

Lil-Rokslider
You've missed the point, completely.
the point is that a company tries to promote a product with offering giveaways claiming that the product is as good or even better than the ones from competitors - as I stated before: the proof is in the pudding, if I'm the lucky one and get one of the giveaways I will test it thoroughly and will let you know whether they exaggerated or not....

fatlander

WKR
I’d say there’s a strong possibility that China stole their design. After all, China has a reputation of doing that very thing. They very intentionally steal intellectual property of American companies. that’s the risk of farming out production over there

“He that lieth with dogs shall rise up with fleas.”

Although they’ve already spoken to part of this, they didn’t design the frame; it’s the alibaba special for 38.50. They have now claimed to designed the bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hh76

Lil-Rokslider
Pretty interesting thread. Good mix of love for a new product, and hate.

I can see how some of the features would make for a great day pack. I definitely would not be spending that kind of money for an un proven product, so I'd love to see some real world reviews.

bigW

Lil-Rokslider
.....I would be more worried if other nations would stop trying to "steal" / copy intellectual property ....or why do you think e.g. North Korea doesn't have the problem of getting intellectual property stolen?

stonewall

WKR
.....I would be more worried if other nations would stop trying to "steal" / copy intellectual property ....or why do you think e.g. North Korea doesn't have the problem of getting intellectual property stolen?
They aren’t just “trying,” they are doing. Sounds like in this case the frame is a China design (I’ve not read the whole thread) but see fatlanders note. I’m not a fan of China getting ahead in the world be cheating and I wish American companies would quit tolerating it

Status
Not open for further replies.