AKEK Pack - Arguably The Best New Pack Around - What's Your Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Clean this thread up?
Why not leave it the way it is and let people draw their own conclusions?

Because they’re trying to do a giveaway and it’s so plugged up with comments that repeat themselves. The information is already out there, do you think people are going to forget?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
well proven US brands?....Stone Glacier e.g. is owned by VIsta, and they manufacture "worldwide" including Asia...
Well vista has owned them for about five minutes so I’m positive their packs ( their only item claiming “made in the USA” ) are still made here.

WKR

WKR
Because they’re trying to do a giveaway and it’s so plugged up with comments that repeat themselves. The information is already out there, do you think people are going to forget?

So you're saying you will just delete the duplicate posts? Because to be honest with you at first I commented on this thread for the giveaway before sifting through the comments. I then deleted that post. So my point is that the criticism and comments are valuable.

@AKEK Rokslide is a pretty scam sensitive community that airs it's concerns pretty openly, as has been done here. If you have a solid product, you have nothing to worry about here. But it would very likely benefit you, to get a pack or two or 3 to a few different people here quickly. But people that will provide an honest, un-candy coated review, with lots of pictures, showing the quality (or lack there of), durability, different types us use... and how it handles abuse. If your pack holds up as you imply, and honest reviews are provided from "Well Known" Roksliders, that are trusted and have longstanding participation here, sales will happen, I am sure quickly.

I look forward to seeing and reading the reviews of your pack here. Like many here, I'd enjoy the opportunity to put your pack through some serious use, and abuse and provide a thorough review, as I do a ton of hiking, scouting, trail making and maintaining But, I will be bluntly honest about your products quality and performance. Lastly, for this community, many of the questions, at this point, may be best answered by independent reviewers from Rokslide.

Best wishes!

bigW

Lil-Rokslider
Well vista has owned them for about five minutes so I’m positive their packs ( their only item claiming “made in the USA” ) are still made here.
...the disclaimer is: with material from US "where applicable"... and for the rest of their products....quote from their website:

Other Stone Glacier products such as lifestyle gear, tents, and accessories are manufactured in various international locations carefully selected for their specific expertise in technical manufacturing

quote end

nothing wrong with "manufacturing in various international locations" if it keeps good quality affordable and allows to earn the crust....

fatlander

WKR
Has a camp or meat ever even been put in an AKEK pack during that year of testing?

Got any pictures?

Your website doesn’t.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
So you're saying you will just delete the duplicate posts? Because to be honest with you at first I commented on this thread for the giveaway before sifting through the comments. I then deleted that post. So my point is that the criticism and comments are valuable.

Something like that.

Just stand back and take a look, now the threads turning into a match about where Stone Glacier is made.

But if you think I’ll try to hide anything from anybody, you don’t know me very well.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
...the disclaimer is: with material from US "where applicable"... and for the rest of their products....quote from their website:

Other Stone Glacier products such as lifestyle gear, tents, and accessories are manufactured in various international locations carefully selected for their specific expertise in technical manufacturing

quote end

nothing wrong with "manufacturing in various international locations" if it keeps good quality affordable and allows to earn the crust....
That’s new to me, I stand corrected.

Has a camp or meat ever even been put in an AKEK pack during that year of testing?

Got any pictures?

Your website doesn’t.

I think MTWarden might be one of the few that can get his whole camp into a 3200 ci pack. I suppose I could do it, but hey, I like to suffer. Actually, in general, I prefer staying out for a week or more at a time. But I could make 3200 ci work for 2-3 day trips, trail work packing a shovel, pick and chainsaw.

Something like that.

Just stand back and take a look, now the threads turning into a match about where Stone Glacier is made.

But if you think I’ll try to hide anything from anybody, you don’t know me very well.

You stole my 4th grade girlfriend and I never got her back,. I know your still hiding her! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.